360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

10 hours ago, Dixel said:

My experiences with any of the v12 versions are terrible . Browser crash upon trying to login to some websites with error "0xC0000005" , terribly slow scrolling of twitter and IG , not showing items in my basket in my favourite German shop . v13 by any of these authors : @ArcticFoxie , @Humming Owl and me , @Dixel [of course] all work absolutely fine .

Huming Owl V9 used to be quite solid, but I have kept his V13 (and am now trying Artic's 12) for backup when something fails on bs52.

20 hours ago, Dixel said:

My experiences with any of the v12 versions are terrible . Browser crash upon trying to login to some websites with error "0xC0000005" , terribly slow scrolling of twitter and IG , not showing items in my basket in my favourite German shop . v13 by any of these authors : @ArcticFoxie , @Humming Owl and me , @Dixel [of course] all work absolutely fine .

I know Humming Owl has links in his thread... but are these other versions available for download?

9 hours ago, Montana Slim said:

I know Humming Owl has links in his thread... but are these other versions available for download?

I'm sorry , as of now , I do not disribute my version publicly . On the other hand , @ArcticFoxie does , I think he may give you the links to the latest releases.

@Montana Slim -

Here is the download link to my v12  --  https://www.dropbox.com/s/2r7r53j4i55iuyw/360Chrome%2012.0.1247.zip

Here is the download link to my v13rev3  --  https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyyimm3h58r3963/360Chrome%202206%20rebuild%203%20-%20unran%20-%20MSFN.zip

Edited by ArcticFoxie

For those new to Chromium-based browsers, they include a feature called "OpenSearch" and this feature automatically adds search engines that you use to your list of search engines.

You'll see this list when you go to Settings -> Basics -> Search -> Manage Search Engines and they will show up in the "other search engines" section.

For those using Tampermonkey / Violentmonkey / et alia, here is a User Script that will prevent "OpenSearch" search engines from automatically being added to your profile  --  https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/37186-disable-opensearch/code

There is also this one (much more complex, have not tested this one)  --  https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/375216-block-opensearch-descriptions/code

edit - removed image, no longer hosted on my Dropbox as I was running out of storage space...

Edited by ArcticFoxie

I've found that the Windows Media Player plugin for Firefox works on 360EE (Win7 with v13 tested only) and I used WMP to view a YouTube video using the ViewTube extension. The extension also works with the VLC web plugin (I had to install VLC for a second time for the browser to be able to recognize the plugin). I did not check how the CPU behaved but I am sure it is working less with this workaround.

To use the WMP plugin create a folder called "plugins" in the same folder that is present the "chrome.dll" and paste the file inside. Then, open the browser and go to "chrome://plugins" to check if it was properly detected (the folder and the file were already present among the original files of the browser, I deleted them because I did not know what they were, in the next update I will add them again). 

The VLC plugin just appeared when installing VLC again. I am not sure if it will be the same for WinXP.

- chrome://plugins screenshot

GSvOAU3.png

- WMP on YouTube

sjdmyxW.png

- VLC on YouTube

BtvNYbZ.png

Set the "Embed video with" option to "Object" and set the "and play as/with" option to "WMP" (for WMP) or "VLC" (for VLC).

I think that you can't use the "Enhancer for YouTube" extension while using this other one.

The widesize screen was behaving a little weird, but the normal screen and the fullscreen worked fine.

Thanks to @grey_rat for sharing the video!

https://msfn.org/board/topic/182647-my-browser-builds-part-3/?do=findComment&comment=1203908

Cheers.

Updated v9, v11, v12 and v13

- Created a minimalistic New Tab page that adapts to the Dark Theme (HTML and CSS only). In the first post are the instructions on how to modify the default shortcuts.

- Added the WMP (Windows Media Player) plugin for Firefox.

- Added ViewTube to recommended extensions. The extension works on all versions of the browser.

Cheers.

I started to get Nvidia driver crashes with youtube. v13 rarely and with v12 frequently. Symptoms - I play a video , then the videocard TDP goes up to 10-11% (which is not normal) . It was kinda 5-7% before . I close the browser , start a random game , boom , driver crashes and restores by itself . If I do not open this browser and do NOT watch videos - all is OK , no crashes.

So it's like the browser makes a glitch in the driver which needs to be reset before I can play .

I have another chinese browser (old centbrwoser) and it doesn't crash the driver . 

4 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I started to get Nvidia driver crashes with youtube. v13 rarely and with v12 frequently. Symptoms - I play a video , then the videocard TDP goes up to 10-11% (which is not normal) . It was kinda 5-7% before . I close the browser , start a random game , boom , driver crashes and restores by itself . If I do not open this browser and do NOT watch videos - all is OK , no crashes.

So it's like the browser makes a glitch in the driver which needs to be reset before I can play .

I have another chinese browser (old centbrwoser) and it doesn't crash the driver . 

You could try the following to see if they fix or avoid the issue:

- Disable hardware acceleration.

- Add the flag: --disable-gpu (I've had problems in Linux if I use the GPU in Chromium).

- Have you used the ViewTube extension? As it changes the YouTube player for another player such as VLC or WMP, that might do something.

- Use a YouTube frontend client from this page (I only tested one of them on Win7 but it was consuming less resources than running the video directly in YouTube) --> https://redirect.invidious.io/

And, can you send a screenshot of the "chrome://gpu/" page? (just of the "Graphics Feature Status" and "Problems Detected" sections) Maybe there is some information there that can be useful.

I've read in a Japanese forum that 360EE was having some issues in YouTube as well. The thread did not say anything on how to fix it. There may be some more possible workarounds (I think the most convenient way is using flags) but for now try these options.

Cheers.

Edited by Humming Owl

Also, maybe using a User Agent Switcher could do something --> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-for-c/djflhoibgkdhkhhcedjiklpkjnoahfmg?hl=es

Here is a page to find some Chrome user agents --> https://developers.whatismybrowser.com/useragents/explore/software_name/chrome/

As the issue only occur under XP/Vista, try to spoof Chromium 88 under Windows 10 x64 or something equivalent.

Cheers.

When I first start 360 Extreme Explorer english mod the browser won't let me touch any option or click anywhere. A beep sounds like the one that sounds when another window is open and you can't touch anything. To close 360 I have to force the closing with the Windows task explorer.
When I open 360 for the second time everything seems to work fine.

53 minutes ago, Cixert said:

When I first start 360 Extreme Explorer english mod the browser won't let me touch any option or click anywhere. A beep sounds like the one that sounds when another window is open and you can't touch anything. To close 360 I have to force the closing with the Windows task explorer.
When I open 360 for the second time everything seems to work fine.

Hello, 

On the first run of the browser (without having the "User Data" folder) you have to press the ESC key to be able to interact with it. What prevents you from using the browser on the first run is a remnant of a popup window showing a login dialog for the 360 account. I haven't found yet how to remove that unfortunately. In the first post you can get more info about some other observations in the "Some stuff I remember that I left behind" section.

Cheers.

Thanks a lot @Humming Owl and @ArcticFoxie for your versions 12 and 13 of 360Chrome I downloaded recently!
- I finally have browsers that play Youtube videos without any problem... my best regards to both of you!

I have a little problem though:

If the font is blurred, fuzzy on some websites, no immediate reaction on the same tab, if in uBlock Origin latest version 1.37.2 I block remote fonts on this website. ...after setting uBlock to deny remote fonts on the website, no immediate reaction, the font stays blurred after restarting Ublock or the page... But if I then copy this website in the new tab (or after I restart the browser) (with Ublock set blocking remote fonts on this website), the font is no more blurred in this new tab (or after I restart the browser).

All this in Humming Owl's and ArcticFoxie's 360Chrome versions 12 and 13.

Examples of websites with natively blurred fonts: 

https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/ematrix/

and

https://lehollandaisvolant.net/?d=2020/01/02/11/28/39-ma-liste-des-tweaks-aboutconfig-dans-firefox

Thank you very much, both of you, for a very cool 360Chrome versions!

I cannot replicate, fonts are fine here.

Can you post a screencap with these blurred fonts?

Your profiles indicates XP x86 so this shouldn't be the issue, but if you are in something "newer" than XP, then I suggest opening chrome://flags then search for and disable DirectWrite.

Also in the chrome://settings/lab page, disable hardware acceleration and disable DirectWrite.

Thank you @ArcticFoxie for your quick reply!

ALL these settings you mention are disabled here originally, in my all 4 360Chrome versions (two 12 and two 13).

But this fonts problem is not serious at all for me (yet Roytam1 firefox based browsers don't have this problem, uBlock O. works instantly!). Only rare websites have blurred fonts, and the solution for me is not difficult at all...so

Maybe the fault is due to my version of Windows XP SP2 I think... Or maybe my uBlock O. newest version?...

Your 360Chrome two versions, I like them a lot, nice icon, theme... but most of all I like the security, privacy of these awesome 360Chrome browser all 4 versions (two 12 and two 13).
The 11 won't work here.
Extensions I've downloaded: uBlock O., Neat URL, two Popup Blockers, JS toggle, Behind The Overlay, app. tel. Page Speed Monitor...
Based on the Chrome, I've Slimjet, Iron and Cent Browser too, but I don't use them anymore.