360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

It's only on XP and YT has been a total nightmare last couple of days.

It bugs me because I prefer to think my browser can take anything I throw at it.

I'm currently rebuilding/repacking a v12 build 1247 version and it seems to be handling YT on XP much better than v13.

Video available here  --  https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmhha7iz8edzbyn/v12-1247.mp4

4 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

@Dixel - thank you very much for letting me try your 360Chrome rebuild for YouTube testing.

You're welcome ! I noticed it tried to connect to gstatic before the end (before the blue background) . By the way , the front page of youtube looks similar , I mean similar choice of videos, as if you were in New York. Did you try it with adblock , also ? One thing to note , I remembered , I had something similar , some time ago with Opera , it crashed upon entering bookmarks or settings . What helped me ? I removed the dreaded framework 4.5.1 . Would be interested to find the culprit in this case too. 

Sadly, your version does the same exact thing

At least you won't have to edit the settings anymore and there is no need to keep the data folder , everything is hardcoded (even the search engines). I guess now you see my version starts with everything in English , like I told before.

Hi

5 hours ago, Dixel said:

. Kaspersky and yandex are the planet's danger and real malware , that's what people should be worried about .

Beware of Yandex and Kaspersky?
It's strange to find that google.com doesn't give you any results on msfn.org when you type "360 chrome 13.0.2250.0" you will have the Chinese and Russian websites, but not the English versions. Conversely, you can easily find msfn.org forums "360chrome13.0.2250" on Yahoo and Yandex. It's strange for the world's leading search engine to ignore the English language forums dealing with 360chrome. I think that Google is not very interested in these translations of 360chrome and that for questions relating to the control of the populations and thus to observe Chinese browsers to be anglicized and to get rid of the Western spywares. The latest version 13.0.2250 of "Humming Owl". causes systematic connections to Google servers every time the browser is launched, unlike ArcticFoxie's where there are none.  I have set both browsers identically, once again google is trying to take control over exotic browsers.:thumbdown

I use " Okeano " which gives me all the results unlike google.com and in addition you make a gesture for the oceans.:)
https://okeano.com/why

List of exotic engines to avoid the kind of problem mentioned above.
https://searchengine.party

As well as an engine specialized in video searches, and particularly, those censored by Youtube for economic or political reasons.
https://www.peteyvid.com/

and all these search engines work perfectly with 360chrome 13.0.2250. and xp2

Edited by IXOYE

Hi

5 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

- thank you very much for letting me try your 360Chrome rebuild for YouTube testing.

Sadly, your version does the same exact thing that I am seeing with all of my rebuilds which is the same thing that Humming Owl's v13 is doing.

Open a second tab but try to open that tab and 360Chrome crashes.

For youtube you need to install this add-on " Youtube redux " on 360chrome and no more window problems, well anyway I don't go on youtube with 360chrome, because my GPU doesn't support videos and on my old PC the cpu is at maximum.

2021-08-19_1138002.jpg

Thanks, I will try that "YouTube Redux" eventually.

My Chromium v49 on XP uses an extension called "Enhancer for YouTube" which will also stabilize and tame YouTube crashes on v13.

However...

It's not just YouTube that used to NEVER crash any of the v13 builds but now I am getting crashes with all of the v13 builds.

Dixel's v13, Humming Owl's v13, the Russian Repack v13, the Chinese original v13 - they all have major crash issues all of a sudden on XP.

When those crashes started happening on "this" computer, I thought maybe a codec or something got corrupted.

But I'm getting v13 crashes on XP on five different computers, all with different "levels" of Windows Updates, some with different versions of K-Lite Codec Pack, some without.

I really wish I could track it down.

I have honestly NEVER had YouTube crashes until just a few days ago.

But...  It's not just YouTube.

YouTube is by far the easiest to "replicate" the crashes.

But even this very MSFN forum will now crash on occasion!

Axe profile completely, fresh XP install, no extensions installed, you name it, v13 has a tendency to crash all of a sudden.

I've been unable to track down any realy "culprit".

Edited by ArcticFoxie

7 hours ago, Dixel said:

I noticed it tried to connect to gstatic before the end (before the blue background) .

Good catch!  I see that now and didn't notice it at first.

And something like "gstatic" could easily be a common denominator.

My NoScript and uMatrix isn't showing anything being blocked from gstatic here at MSFN "at this instant" (which has a tendency to crash here lately also!).

But even though my Stylus blocks the ads here at MSFN, I have a hunch that if I monitor network traffic that I will see gstatic connections here at MSFN (just a hunch, have not dived that deep yet).

So I can easily see how some new ad or cookie traffic to and from gstatic can be the cause for crashes all of a sudden.

But...

Isn't gstatic "required" in order to log into YouTube (I don't have a YouTube login)?

So it would seem that a blanket-ban to gstatic isn't really the best solution if indeed that is the root cause.

For now, I'm satisfied that v12 isn't effected and I don't mind dropping to v12 for my default-for-all once I complete my modifications/tweaks/rebuild/repack of v12.

5 hours ago, IXOYE said:

's strange to find that google.com doesn't give you any results on msfn.org when you type "360 chrome 13.0.2250.0" you will have the Chinese and Russian websites, but not the English versions.

Actually, the third and fifth links in my google (nrc and local respectively) points to msfn.

https://www.peteyvid.com/  is a nice find. Thanks.

7 hours ago, IXOYE said:

The latest version 13.0.2250 of "Humming Owl". causes systematic connections to Google servers every time the browser is launched, unlike ArcticFoxie's where there are none.

I have not verified, but my hunch is that if you launch Humming Owl's with the below command line switch, then his won't connect to Google at launch  --

--disable-background-networking

Hi

39 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I have not verified, but my hunch is that if you launch Humming Owl's with the below command line switch, then his won't connect to Google at launch  --

--disable-background-networking

thank you google connections are gone :thumbup

I also started getting crashes with 360 v13 when visiting youtube. I tested two different versions of 360 v13 on two machines and for me it basically crashes immediately after loading the start page. Usually I can't even search for something and this definitely has never happened in the past. 360 v12 and other browsers work just fine with youtube.

16 hours ago, IXOYE said:

The latest version 13.0.2250 of "Humming Owl". causes systematic connections to Google servers every time the browser is launched, unlike ArcticFoxie's where there are none.

I'm pretty sure they are the connections mentioned in the "Chromium's startup connections clarifications" in the first post of the thread, where I mentioned the startup connections this browser makes after all modifications (all internal connections). In case there are other types of connections, I would appreciate a screenshot using Wireshark or LiveTcpUdpWatch.

The reason why some startup connections do not appear in @ArcticFoxie's modified version is that he copied the "360Loader.exe" and "360Loader.ini" files from the RuRepack version of the browser and he used them in his version as well as he used the modifications I proposed. In the "360Loader.ini", you can add flags to the browser and, in the original RuRepack, there is the flag: "--disable background-networking" in the file mentioned above. I know that the connections left after using that flag, can be disabled but I left them because they are related to a Chromecast service.

Regarding the v13 problem that occurs when using YouTube, I also said in the first post that v12 and v13 behave slower than v9 and v11 (when tested on my WinXP laptop). Version 12 was the last option I could run on my laptop but I thought that maybe other computers with better characteristics could run v13 fairly easily. I know YouTube is constantly "updating" its services and website and maybe that's the cause of that problem, in case the hardware or software is unrelated (or maybe it's some sort of combination of all your own individual settings).

Also, I use the Chromium 88-based Kiwi browser on my phone, but the browser specs say that it is based on Chromium 77 with some backported files taken from Chromium 88 to pretend to be Chromium 88 for web compatibility reasons. This could also explain why v12 is not having those problems. It may be that there is some kind of instability since Chromium 80 and,  in addition, considering the constant Youtube updates and the use of an old WinXP OS, then v13 is trying to do its best.

Cheers.

Edited by Humming Owl

13 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

I know that the connections left after using that flag, can be disabled but I left them because they are related to a Chromecast service.

I don't use Chromecast service, so I cannot confirm - but wouldn't this service be broken by the below replacement/modification listed in your v13 build 2250 notes  --

- Replaced every "101.199.103.206","101.226.4.6", "106.39.219.43", "123.125.54.234", "210.52.216.4", "s.f.360.cn", "ext.chrome.360.cn", "skin.chrome.360.cn", "dl.360tpcdn.com", "shared.ydstatic.com", "95001111", "googleapis", "gstatic", "224.0.0.251" and "_googlecast._tcp.local" entries by dots

googleapis

Would break some extensions , I had problems with saving settings with "delumintate" ext., for example , it sometimes reverted back to def. settings. Possibly some others shan't work as expected too. _googlecast._tcp.local has no effect . Others fine. Keep in mind , these things written in plain text aren't the most evil ones.