360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

Seems that installing SP3 on top of SP2 gives different results than a slipstreamed SP3.

I really have no clue what to make of how to test this test.

I'm getting numbers all over the place.

This is from my slipstreamed SP3, same exact Humming Owl v13 build 2250  --

spacer.png

This is from my freshly-installed SP2 with SP3 then installed (note that the IE desktop icon still looks like SP2 but that System Properties does say SP3).

Like I say, numbers are all over the place and I don't know a good way to test this test.

It's great for comparing different browsers on your own hardware, but I have zero faith on comparing User A results to User B results.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Just tried again with FF 52.9.1 ESR on XP SP3 x86.
Exactly the same result.

@Dave-H - with this test showing numbers all over the place, I'd be curious to know if my v13 build 2206 v3 has zero skips on your setup.

Would you be willing to run that test on my v13 build 2206 v3?

Here is the download link so you don't have to go tracking it down if you don't already have it  --  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/qyyimm3h58r3963/360Chrome%202206%20rebuild%203%20-%20unran%20-%20MSFN.zip

Well I've never actually tried any version of 360 Extreme Explorer, so it's a good opportunity to give it a go!
I'll report back tomorrow, as I'm about to go to bed here in England!
Cheers, Dave.
-:)

OK, I ran 360 Explorer, straight out of the box, and this was the result on my system.
It looks good BTW!

Image2.thumb.jpg.def35770f92e3024a720c896c6d3e472.jpg

I don't know what that proves, if anything, but the result is certainly worse than Firefox 52.9.1.
:)

That matches what I get in my 360Chrome v13 build 2206 v3.

I would have jumped through the hoops for POS updates if your results were different than mine.

I get 20 skipped for Firefox 52.9.1 and you get 0 skipped for Firefox 52.9.1.

And that's with us both in the same exact Operating System (XP x86 XP3).

I think it proves that what Operating System you run this test in will have a major impact on the results.

So I can't in good faith call it a "browser test".

I think it's great for me to comapre one browser to the next on my own system.

But I think it tells everyone else diddly squat on what my results are versus what their results are.

Not to beat the dead horse, but I really have zero faith in this test as far as comparing/contrasting User A with User B.

If User A shows a crtical-count and User B does not, the only thing it tells me is that User A is on a different OS than User B and it tells me ZIP about the "browser" that both User A and User B were trying to "compare".

Glad to help anyway. Just as an aside, I ran the test again with FF 52.9.1 with uBlock Legacy disabled, in case it was affecting anything.
I got exactly the same result, just 5 warnings, no skips.

29 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Glad to help anyway. Just as an aside, I ran the test again with FF 52.9.1 with uBlock Legacy disabled, in case it was affecting anything.
I got exactly the same result, just 5 warnings, no skips.

I have been running all of these in an Incognito/Private window.

On 7/31/2021 at 11:14 AM, UCyborg said:

Looks like I win with 401 passed, 3 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped @ Pale Moon 29.2.1 x86 @ Win10 x64 10.0.19042.985. Same result on Manjaro Linux updated June 2021 and x64 build of Pale Moon 29.2.1.

Yep, you win!

Though I have come EXTREMELY close and have been able to do so in XP x64 SP2.

The closest that I've seen others report is Firefox 52.9.1 ESR on XP x86 SP3  --  which is dated Sept 6, 2018!  --  at 399 passed, 5 warnings, 0 critical, and 0 skipped.

I've been able to land in the middle TWICE  --  400 passed.  One with 4 warnings and 0 skipped.  One with 3 warnings and 1 skipped.

So Firefox 52.9.1 is dated Sept 6, 2018.

The two browsers that I found that will beat Firefox 52.9.1 as far as this browseraudit "test" but can't quite pull out a win over @UCyborg's very new Pale Moon on a very new Win 10 are two different versions of 360Chrome v11.

Both versions of the v11 that beat Firefox 52.9.1 [Sept 6, 2018] are based on Chromium 69.0.3497.100  --  which I'm not surprised in the least to have been released on Sept 17, 2018!.

On 7/31/2021 at 11:14 AM, UCyborg said:

Looks like I win with 401 passed, 3 warnings, 0 critical, 0 skipped @ Pale Moon 29.2.1 x86 @ Win10 x64 10.0.19042.985. Same result on Manjaro Linux updated June 2021 and x64 build of Pale Moon 29.2.1.

Had to search high and low  --  but I finally found one that TIES you at 401 passed and 3 warnings  --  results

360Chrome v11 build 2140.

Got nothing better to do for the day, I'm convinced I will find something that passes all 404 with 0 warnings/criticals/skips.