360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

10 hours ago, Gansangriff said:

Okay... back with some 360EE testing...

I also encountered a warning by Vista's firewall asking me if I want to block an incoming connection to 360chrome executable file , with v12. I want to note that I have another firewall installed (which is considered to be good) , but it didn't notice anything strange (!) , though it has almost  paranoid level of settings. Vista's firewall is good ? I think so, yes.

I knew about 360's incoming connections for a long time. I warned about this a long time ago , which could be found at my profile . I just thought they had disabled them already , but it seems no, they are still here.

@Gansangriff , perhaps if you have some spare time , would you test this @ArcticFoxie's latest (final?) modded version of 360 explorer v.13.2206 with your advanced methods of testing to see if there are such connections also ? Thank you ! https://msfn.org/board/topic/182304-extreme-explorer-360-chromium-78-86-general-discussion/page/57/?tab=comments#comment-1202777

On 7/16/2021 at 8:39 PM, Greyfox77 said:

In order to use Cisco Webex on Windows XP you have to ...

This was an epic "fail" for me.

The meeting did everything it is supposed to but there are 7 of us in our daily meeting and audio/video was HORRIBLE.

I was logged in via 360Chrome v13 and XP VM with 4GB RAM.

Opened a Win7 VM with 2GB RAM, logged into meeting as an 8th person but used the Webex "desktop app" instead, then exited the meeting from my XP VM.

Audio/video returned to normal.

Logged back in on XP VM via browser instead of "desktop app", audio/video returned to HORRIBLE.

On 7/26/2021 at 3:30 PM, Dixel said:

@Gansangriff , perhaps if you have some spare time , would you test this @ArcticFoxie's latest (final?) modded version of 360 explorer v.13.2206 with your advanced methods of testing to see if there are such connections also ? Thank you ! https://msfn.org/board/topic/182304-extreme-explorer-360-chromium-78-86-general-discussion/page/57/?tab=comments#comment-1202777

Get a room, mate.

On 7/27/2021 at 4:30 PM, ArcticFoxie said:

This was an epic "fail" for me.

The meeting did everything it is supposed to but there are 7 of us in our daily meeting and audio/video was HORRIBLE.

I was logged in via 360Chrome v13 and XP VM with 4GB RAM.

Opened a Win7 VM with 2GB RAM, logged into meeting as an 8th person but used the Webex "desktop app" instead, then exited the meeting from my XP VM.

Audio/video returned to normal.

Logged back in on XP VM via browser instead of "desktop app", audio/video returned to HORRIBLE.

I am sorry to hear that. Maybe the problem is the VM. When I was using Zoom's app for XP within Virtualbox it was always slow and the sound lagged behind but when using it on real hardware, it is fine, most of the time.

Works fine with only 3 attendees in XP using web browser versus desktop app.

But once the meeting gets up to 7 attendees, it gets horrendous and there's no option to disable video like in the desktop app as that often regains audio stability when there are several attendees.

Updated v9, v11 and v12.

- Added a few more changes to "360chrome.exe", "chrome.dll" and "chrome_child.dll".

- Corrected some english issues.

Added v13 (version 13.0.2250.0).

- Succesfully erased the "p7.qhimg.com" entry in the "resources.pak" file. :thumbup

Added more programs to modify and test the browser: WinMerge, LiveTcpUdpWatch and Wireshark.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Awesome!

The link for the original v13-2250 needs corrected (it links to the orginal v12-1592).

Thanks.

I will be now digging into the registry files that the browser creates to see if some can be eliminated. I remember that you said something about v12 making a empty registry file. Can you tell me your experience with that and other registry related observations?

Cheers.

I'll revisit the v12 registry strings and report back.

Also, as an FYI, my first launch after a reboot for your Modified v13 has a tendency to lock up and not exit correctly then the next launch shows the click-to-restore banner.

I was comparing first-launch-after-reboot using PassMark AppTimer and ran the test five times.

Three of the five first-launch's would not exit/close properly so the second run would show the click-to-restore banner.

So I rebooted and launched without AppTimer and that launch appeared to close properly but the second run showed the click-to-restore banner.

Haven't really tracked down any culprits as my primary motive at the time was to benchmark the minor differences between build 2206 and 2250 and decide which will be my default (I will be remaining on 2206).

3 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

I remember that you said something about v12 making a empty registry file. Can you tell me your experience with that and other registry related observations?

Normally I just find these manually, I'm in-and-out of the registry often enough to spot differences.

It should also be pointed out that ALL of the 360Chrome versions make registry changes - but when you run using the portable loader, those registry changes are deleted when you exit 360Chrome.

The Pale Moon portable loader has always been better in this regard, it does not create temporary registry files when you run MyPal or Pale Moon as a portable with the Pale Moon portable loader.

I'm referring strictly to the official Portable Pale Moon's loader - Roytam has a portable loader also but I have never used it nor compared it to the official Portable.

Cloned my virgin XP x86 VM four times and all four of the below were ran in their own virgin XP x86 VM.

I grabbed Regshot from here  --  https://sourceforge.net/projects/regshot/

And posted logs in separate posts.

edit: removed logs and moved to their own post.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

Moderator  --  I didn't know how to post those four Regshot logs as something that requires click-to-expand.

I know I've seen other folks do it so I know it can be done, I just didn't know how.

Please make those click-to-expand if possible, kind of a lot to scroll through for a single post.

edit:  disregard, per @RainyShadow's tip below I was able to place each Regshot log into its own "spoiler".

Edited by ArcticFoxie

19 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I didn't know how to post those four Regshot logs as something that requires click-to-expand.

I know I've seen other folks do it so I know it can be done, I just didn't know how.

I use the normal spoiler tags - [ spoiler] before the text, and [ /spoiler] after (remove the space).

But, for some reason i don't understand yet, the damn forum seems to ignore my closing tag and put everything after in the hidden block too...

test1

test2

test3

[edit]

After posting you can edit your post and move the blocks around, but the contents aren't always editable.

It seems that spoilers close properly when the opening and closing tags are on a single line.

Move the closing tag to the next line and you get everything afterwards crammed inside too (test3 was supposed to be outside)

Hopefully someone can explain how to properly do multi-line spoilers.

Edited by RainyShadow

Thanks, I'll keep the post as-is and let a moderator condense it.

I deleted the txt files and the temporary VMs already so I'd have to repeat the entire process if I try to condense the post and corrupt contents in the process.

edit:  I'll quote my own post and try to condense that way then delete the original post.  I don't like when others make me scroll that much, I'd hate to be the one to make others scroll that much.

Edited by ArcticFoxie