The Golden Age of the Internet is Over - Pretty truthful statement + video

sunryze

On 7/1/2021 at 2:40 PM, Gansangriff said:

This would be the channel of RT, a russian news site

I was under the impression you're from Bundesrepublik Deutschland (West Germany) ... I hope this is a joke , right ? 

There's an official warning that RT is fully the mouthpiece of the Russian government and it is state owned. 

https://www.politico.eu/article/russia-propaganda-disinformation-rt/

https://www.mediaite.com/online/rt-is-literally-russian-propaganda-why-does-anybody-take-it-seriously/

Off Topic: @Dixel Just take some propaganda of here, and there... and build your own opinion out of it. By the way (evil plottwist coming!), I lived in the Eastern part of Germany for a couple of years too (many years after 1989). Even if the wall has long been gone, the border is clearly visible in every statistic. And even nowadays the mindset is different, as the majority of the people did grow up completly different. And I can tell you by talking to people of the East and the West, that some things were better on one side, while some things were better on the other side.

To be honest, RT was just the first "news" portal that came to my mind that has a Youtube channel posting every day news, therefore I used it as an example. Maybe I'm biased. But please, let's not discuss that any further here...

Yeah , let's not discuss , I agree . But other members need to know why I asked you . Not everyone is aware , it seems . Honestly , I can't understand why would you bring the politics here in the first place ? Huh ? I mean , you didn't link to a neutral website about Dutch tullips ! You linked to the enemy station . I was in shock why would you even suggest something like this to a Finnish guy . Being from Europe , you ought to know his motherland Finland is still under Russian occupation , huge Finnish territories are still under occupation . Like Karelia , etc.

"Russia occupied Finland several times"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland–Russia_relations

In 1939 Russia bombed Helsinki and occupied Finland again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Helsinki_in_World_War_II

Not enough ? I still remember russian tanks near your house too ....

OK ! Let's pretend it was a big misunderstanding and move on.

I just wanted to say I'm on the same side with this marvellous , friendly , funny and wise Finnish guy , I hope he will forgive you .  

P.S.

I know a lot of Germans . You need to be sure you're not talking to an ex-stasi , DDR military or his/her relatives/family members and the such , who will tell you "some things were better on the other side". To the other readers and our dear moderators , please excuse us for this slight off-topic ! And it is still kinda on-topic , since we talk about internet websites . Why ? Simply because we didn't have RT in the 90's when russians couldn't allow themselves to pay for this super expensive propaganda machine with the western oil/gas money and the internet was definitely better !

Edited by Dixel
added links

On 7/1/2021 at 4:46 AM, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

Internet downfall started with HTML5 and forcing too much of javascript and dropping many good standards.

THIS. A pretty good resume of what happened 15-20 years ago. There is a movement from PowerPC community in another forum advocating for a new web standard for the masses with less powerful computers, advocates for a more simple web, the Web 1.1 and bringing back much of the previous web standards, and attempts to evolve them into better standards from this starting point.

Web 1.1 also calls for much less javascript and more html/css. Most old browsers nowadays choke with modern websites because of HTTPS and sites made entirely on javascript frameworks like React (Arrrrgghh).

Old School web, the community developed a few classic websites like a search engine called frogfind. Worth a look, worth joining the movement. As a former frontend web developer and current UI/UX Designer, I am pleased to see a such movement.

4 hours ago, Bruninho said:

There is a movement from PowerPC community in another forum advocating for a new web standard for the masses with less powerful computers, advocates for a more simple web, the Web 1.1 and bringing back much of the previous web standards, and attempts to evolve them into better standards from this starting point.

good I am not last person on earth who think browser is application that download html documents over internet and renders them to screen not application platform

Most old browsers nowadays choke with modern websites because of HTTPS and sites made entirely on javascript frameworks like React (Arrrrgghh).

I have blocked javascript on old browsers for good reason.

Old School web, the community developed a few classic websites like a search engine called frogfind. Worth a look,

I have heard and used wiby.me engine. How does it different from it?

worth joining the movement. As a former frontend web developer and current UI/UX Designer, I am pleased to see a such movement.

I have not had time setting my own site but when will it will use XHTML that is working with almost everything. It XHTML sites can even render on old PDA/other mobile device browsers usually

• 2 months later...

Seems like any time I stray off a handful of websites I normally visit, I encounter script heavy sites that Pale Moon chokes on. Of those that also have video content, videos not playing on them seems to be getting more common, even if they worked fine in the past. All due to crazy scripting. YouTube isn't even the worst.

Ironically, I also found an article titled Why Simple Websites Are Scientifically Better on a site which doesn't seem to load out-of-the-box. Can't process the scripts. View->Page Style->No Style reveals the content, a trick some of you are already accustomed to.

Also found out Mozilla has written their stance on web specifications at https://mozilla.github.io/standards-positions/. So apparently they're not keen on implementing everything Chromium has in Firefox, so it's a little distinct from Chromium, even though it doesn't quite feel like Firefox anymore due to things like no more classic addons support, GUI and multi-process model.

Edited by UCyborg

On 7/2/2021 at 11:07 AM, Gansangriff said:

Considering karjalainen.fi, could you try to put these into your hosts file?

127.0.0.1    rekryboksi-v4.appspot.com
127.0.0.1    cdn.relevant-digital.com
127.0.0.1    apps-cdn.relevant-digital.com
127.0.0.1    static.cloudflareinsights.com

And additionally: 127.0.0.1 fiare-prod-thumbor.assettype.com  if you don't need pictures it looks like.

You should not use 127.0.0.1 for hosts or similar redirectors and instead use 0.0.0.0. Home is still a valid address and will still cause the browser to use the timeout option on the connection. 0.0.0.0 is invalid and should fail immediately. This does not matter whether or not you are actually running a web server on the computer. Running a webserver is an additional concern where you not only waste resources, but there are some slight security concerns, although they typically are going to involve TIs.

Aye, that makes it fail at first possible moment, 127.0.0.1 is a real IP after all and consequentially more happens in the background, even if it should fail rather quickly with ECONNRESET on the socket level, assuming nothing listens on the target port.

0.0.0.0 is valid in some contexts, eg. it's the address behind INADDR_ANY macro, which is used when you don't need to bind the socket to any particular network interface on the machine. When routing, it means default route.

• 3 months later...

It's very important to ask - Who ended Good age of internet. People just afraid to answer on that question.

The answer is simple: Totalitarian right-wingers merging with totalitarian forces.

The internet was not invented by right-wing hacks from Wall-Street, it was not also invented by Jewish teenagers from Harvard.

It was invented by smartest scientists as left pipe-dream of a international space where everyone is equal, and there is freedom and meritocracy. When internet was small and there was not enough market space there, it was not interesting for Wall Street and right-wingers. And that times was a golden-age of internet because it was untouched and left alone. But when it become big enough they notice it potential and quickly take over it. Now internet is totally different from, let say 2009. And i guess 2009 was year where everything become to change.

In 2009 there where already first bells. I remember Nvidia released Gefocre GTX 250, which was GeForce GTX 9800+, a die-shrunk version of the GeForce GTX 9800, which was a slightly-overclocked  GeForce 8800 GTS. So they try re-sell one and the same card for FOUR time. After one internet site ring the alarm that it is a fraud and it is old product, Nvidia crack on that web-site and forbid give them new version of they product for reviews. Perfect right-wing values - you say truth and warn people and get punished for that. Nobody step down and protect journalists. Nothing. Silence. Crickets...

Now when you see reviews of new products it is almost always glorious shiny reviews of "great ground braking products... bla-bla-bla". Take for example Geforce GTX 3xxx line which was nothing burger and the most Wrought generation after Fermi. Almost all reviewers going to crazy max in glorifying disastrous product. Or Intel which stuck on 14nm node for eternity because of incompetent greedy management. Several generations on 14nm was same stuff again and again just like  GTX 250, except at least GTX change tech nodes, and Intel did not. And yet arse-lickers was again and again: "revolutionary, revolutionary, groundbreaking bla-bla-bla".

I recently was checking screens with RTX and without it. And i was like: "Wow this RTX is really make picture better!" And then i noticed that i mix-up screens and better picture was WITH-OUT RTX! Have you ever heard about it in commercial reviews by big sites? That RTX is heavily decrease frame-rate and make picture WORSE?!! I guess if you will write it you will be fired eventually because Nvidia will punish you! Will ever even one right-winger accept that and own it to they quadrant?

When right-wingers first time since 2006 get all 3 branches of power you know what happen? YouTube Adpocalypse. You know why in February 2017? Because it was the first month when they fully grab the power in USA - nobody could stop them. So right after they grab the power they immediately crack down on any one who was not in they quadrant. You are centrist? You are non-right wing? You are not getting talking points? You are GOD-FORBID left? You god damn commie, why you wanna build the Gulags? What? You are social-democrat and want Universal Free Healthcare for America? No, you all just Stalinist and want build Gulag death-camps in Alaska! Demonetize! Shadowban! Ban! Algorithm change!

Funny how series of Adpocalypses in Google started and followed during 4 years of you-know-who rule. Right? Right! Adpocalypses is modern analogue of purges in soviet eastern Europe. American left "comrades" celebrating social achievements in EU like Free Universal Healthcare and Maternity leave? Shadow ban, demonetization! Sorry, you God damn commie, we can not allow this - BAN! And behold - american left comrades not celebrating EU achievements anymore, because they banned! You can now go watch Steven Crowder, he is on right foot with YouTube, his talking points are fresh and people from YouTube on the line everyday with him.

I can go on and on. But what the point? I think you get it. But one more:

Why Google JavaScript now dominate so much? Becuase initially it designed to work slow on everything except Chrome. So you will use Chrome and while tracked by your Windows and Android you will get your information from one type of source - approved one by totalitarian forces. This is for control. Total control. Totalitarian control.

The internet Golden Age ended because Totalitarian forces are at zenith of they power. They control almost everything. They control your computer, the fiber that goes in your house, the media, the government, the Planet.

One thing they can't control yet is your conscience. But they working on that problem. Did you heard about Elon Musk Neuralink? As i say THEY WORKING ON IT and that boy on they team.

We don't have much time and maybe we do not have time at all. Maybe we already lost and didn't noticed it yet. I don't know.

Edited by Rod Steel

On 1/12/2022 at 10:28 AM, Rod Steel said:

It's very important to ask - Who ended Good age of internet. People just afraid to answer on that question.

The answer is simple: Totalitarian right-wingers merging with totalitarian forces.

The internet was not invented by right-wing hacks from Wall-Street, it was not also invented by Jewish teenagers from Harvard.

It was invented by smartest scientists as left pipe-dream of a international space where everyone is equal, and there is freedom and meritocracy. When internet was small and there was not enough market space there, it was not interesting for Wall Street and right-wingers. And that times was a golden-age of internet because it was untouched and left alone. But when it become big enough they notice it potential and quickly take over it. Now internet is totally different from, let say 2009. And i guess 2009 was year where everything become to change.

In 2009 there where already first bells. I remember Nvidia released Gefocre GTX 250, which was GeForce GTX 9800+, a die-shrunk version of the GeForce GTX 9800, which was a slightly-overclocked  GeForce 8800 GTS. So they try re-sell one and the same card for FOUR time. After one internet site ring the alarm that it is a fraud and it is old product, Nvidia crack on that web-site and forbid give them new version of they product for reviews. Perfect right-wing values - you say truth and warn people and get punished for that. Nobody step down and protect journalists. Nothing. Silence. Crickets...

Now when you see reviews of new products it is almost always glorious shiny reviews of "great ground braking products... bla-bla-bla". Take for example Geforce GTX 3xxx line which was nothing burger and the most Wrought generation after Fermi. Almost all reviewers going to crazy max in glorifying disastrous product. Or Intel which stuck on 14nm node for eternity because of incompetent greedy management. Several generations on 14nm was same stuff again and again just like  GTX 250, except at least GTX change tech nodes, and Intel did not. And yet arse-lickers was again and again: "revolutionary, revolutionary, groundbreaking bla-bla-bla".

I recently was checking screens with RTX and without it. And i was like: "Wow this RTX is really make picture better!" And then i noticed that i mix-up screens and better picture was WITH-OUT RTX! Have you ever heard about it in commercial reviews by big sites? That RTX is heavily decrease frame-rate and make picture WORSE?!! I guess if you will write it you will be fired eventually because Nvidia will punish you! Will ever even one right-winger accept that and own it to they quadrant?

When right-wingers first time since 2006 get all 3 branches of power you know what happen? YouTube Adpocalypse. You know why in February 2017? Because it was the first month when they fully grab the power in USA - nobody could stop them. So right after they grab the power they immediately crack down on any one who was not in they quadrant. You are centrist? You are non-right wing? You are not getting talking points? You are GOD-FORBID left? You god damn commie, why you wanna build the Gulags? What? You are social-democrat and want Universal Free Healthcare for America? No, you all just Stalinist and want build Gulag death-camps in Alaska! Demonetize! Shadowban! Ban! Algorithm change!

Funny how series of Adpocalypses in Google started and followed during 4 years of you-know-who rule. Right? Right! Adpocalypses is modern analogue of purges in soviet eastern Europe. American left "comrades" celebrating social achievements in EU like Free Universal Healthcare and Maternity leave? Shadow ban, demonetization! Sorry, you God damn commie, we can not allow this - BAN! And behold - american left comrades not celebrating EU achievements anymore, because they banned! You can now go watch Steven Crowder, he is on right foot with YouTube, his talking points are fresh and people from YouTube on the line everyday with him.

I can go on and on. But what the point? I think you get it. But one more:

Why Google JavaScript now dominate so much? Becuase initially it designed to work slow on everything except Chrome. So you will use Chrome and while tracked by your Windows and Android you will get your information from one type of source - approved one by totalitarian forces. This is for control. Total control. Totalitarian control.

The internet Golden Age ended because Totalitarian forces are at zenith of they power. They control almost everything. They control your computer, the fiber that goes in your house, the media, the government, the Planet.

One thing they can't control yet is your conscience. But they working on that problem. Did you heard about Elon Musk Neuralink? As i say THEY WORKING ON IT and that boy on they team.

We don't have much time and maybe we do not have time at all. Maybe we already lost and didn't noticed it yet. I don't know.

"left pipe-dream" 

Jesus Christ , we've got ourselves another leftist. This website is politics free , did you know ?

"2009 was year where everything become to change."

I think you need to read more . 2009 has nothing to do with Republicans , it is the second Obama year . And Obama is a democrat (officially). So you just wrote that Obama broke the internet , I'm fine with that , BTW. Democrats took our freedom , you're right.

As of now , according to Joe Biden (a democrat) , the current president is Harris (also a democrat) and Nvidia continues to censorship the internet way more than earlier !

No Reagan in the Office , mind you !

https://www.techspot.com/news/92939-nvidia-doesnt-need-us-anymore-how-geforce-rtx.html

Joe Biden: "Last week, *President Harris* and I stood in the United States Capitol..."

https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1481036336656273410

https://twitter.com/i/status/1481069868459962368

https://twitter.com/i/status/1481014129896869893

Why , OMG , why Ukrainians love democrats so much ?? Could you tell me ?
Edited by D.Draker

22 hours ago, D.Draker said:

"left pipe-dream" 

Jesus Christ , we've got ourselves another leftist.

From American view - yes i am far left. From European view i am centrist. In reality i am not playing in that games, anglo-saxonian divide on left and right is a debate which end of an egg a person cracks first. It is artificially invented divide only present in some Western countries, rest of the world are not live in such a political divide because it is pointless. If USA change constitution to multi-party system then both ruling parties will be toppled in a matter of decades - just look at the France or Italy as example of that.

This website is politics free , did you know ?

OMG, why YOU bring politics here, i was talking about ideologies not a political party's.

I think you need to read more

This is offencive to say to other person who you don't know at all.

2009 has nothing to do with Republicans , it is the second Obama year .

How it can be his second year if his first inauguration was January 20, 2009? That is rhetorical question, you may not answer.

So you just wrote that Obama broke the internet , I'm fine with that ,

Actually Obama tried to do something positive about Net Freedom, he create net neutrality rules that was enacted during the Obama Administration. Eventually net neutrality rules were killed under Trump as soon as he get power - in 2017. Which proves my point that right-wingers killed Golden Age of internet.

It is symbolic that it was done by Obama appointee FCC Chairman Ajit Pai, which proves my next point that Obama are not "left wing comrade". He is right-winger, just different sort of it.

And Obama is a democrat (officially).

President Barack Obama, - a massive right-winger, who by his own words is Quote: "In A Lot of Ways Richard Nixon Was More Liberal Than I Was". And it is true, he is not lying. He is so massively right-wing stubborn aristocratic politician that it is a mind-blowing.

I give you one argument to prove my point. Here is the map that show countries by availability of Universal Free Healthcare: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Universal_Health_Care_july_2018.png

As you can see USA is THE ONLY predominantly white populated country in the world who does not have it. As well as THE ONLY civilized\developed country who is not have it. All 53 European countries have it, but not USA. Barack Obama is AGAINST Universal Free Healthcare because he is dogmatic right-wing corporate politician. If he try to run anywhere in Europe with his stands against Universal Healthcare he would be ANNIHILATED and get 0.5% of vote. Nobody in developed world people would tolerate such a massive pro-corporate right winger. I don't know any precedent in Europe XXI century history when somebody in Europe run against Universal Free Healthcare and won elections. It is unheard of. Even in conservative Great Britain both parties is competing in elections ADs who will finance Government Run Medicine more. In BREXIT small brexit parties and movement as whole run on: "lets finance NHS more by getting out of EU!" Prove: https://www.neopr.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/1.png

So to any European person who don't watch garbage-bin-CNN but instead actually dig in in USA politics is clear, that since goofy Jimmy Carter USA never have actual left-winger. And Carter is really weirdo and barely left. The last actual left in USA was John Kennedy, he was killed by right-wing establishment. After that USA never actually have left politician in White House. When Bobby was about to win, he got killed to, after that, till modern era, nobody even try seriously.

Edited by Rod Steel

14 hours ago, Rod Steel said:

1 - CNN

2 - Obama

3 - Healthcare

4 - The internet

That was not my intention to be rude , but clearly, you're missing many things , like :

1 - CNN is communist (leftist) news . It's well known and no secret . 

2 - It was rebranded to Communist News Network , LOL !

3 - Obama did that becuase it's what democrats usually do . (we agree on this , no?)

4 - Democrat Obama was in the office for 8 years since 2009 , pretty much when the internet (as we knew it) was finished off .

And again , no Republicans involved .

P.S.

Look at the amount of military aid to your country during Trump and now (dems again) . Look at how it was reduced !

Considering latest news , pray for your country . (if you're not on the enemy's side , of course).

Anyways , soon the internet could be the least of your concerns .