Is bing down?

Icepick

I go through all of my web browsers, edge, edge beta, firefox, ie 11, all can not access bing? Do you have the same issue? If yes, do you know how to fix this? I am seriously considering to get back to firefox?image.thumb.png.24968c7c6573a43e11490642f837bf1b.png

Edited by Icepick

You are getting a Cert error so the site isn't down. So the issue you have is that the CA isn't recognized.

The info I can glean from the cert when I view is that the CN is Baltimore CyberTrust Root, the CA is Microsoft RSA TLS CA 01 and the algo is PKCS #1 SHA-1 With RSA Encryption.

12 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

You are getting a Cert error so the site isn't down. So the issue you have is that the CA isn't recognized.

The info I can glean from the cert when I view is that the CN is Baltimore CyberTrust Root, the CA is Microsoft RSA TLS CA 01 and the algo is PKCS #1 SHA-1 With RSA Encryption.

Thank you for explaining, so do i have any chance of fixing this problem myself?

Certainly. The first thing I would do is take a look at the certificate. You can usually click on that part of the address bar that say "Not Secure" and see a Certificate option, then you can view it. It could be your PC is missing an update to read a cert if the cert is actually valid. Also would run some anti-malware scans, typically a good idea when something just starts happening out of the blue.

so here are my certificates, can you instruct me what to do next? By the way, I have just reset my computer because there was adware in my computer. There has been no suspicious activity in my computer for about 2 weeks since i reset my computer. The Windows defender scan also shows nothing suspicious. can you help?image.png.46fe2b7914ebf100c45faec5ee5b8c4b.png

image.png.a42185d6a4bea1ec635c44643e1ab035.pngimage.png.e88abb2152d580a9a5e7e716a5e5c2cc.pngimage.png.ccb3b2686a77b76429fba3db5b37ab21.png

There is something on your computer (or perhaps on your network) that is spoofing or MITM certificates to that site. This is what it should look like:

bingcert.jpg

Otherwise you'd need to do some sort of tracing to see if that cert is indeed coming from bing.com or not. There doesn't seem to be a way to view cert source from the Chrome web dev tools. It has a security tab and you can click on the domain to see additional info. I did a quick search and did see that it was possible for a misconfigured web server to serve a "localhost" cert to external clients, but that would presume the server is at fault and it would be possible to replicate using another system.

I think it is the server's fault. After glancing at the MS tech support website, there are people who have the same issue as me. By the way, do you have windows 2000 or is it just a skin?

3 hours ago, Icepick said:

By the way, do you have windows 2000 or is it just a skin?

I am using custom options for Visual Effects. Everything is disabled except for "Show Thumbnails instead of icons" and "Smooth edges of screen fonts."