Any possibility of introducing a XP X64 iso into Windows Vista/7/8/10 iso?

Windows NT 6.x brought a lot of accessibility and other improvements, so I'm wondering if is it possible to create a wim image of XP x64 and put it on the sources folder of a Windows Vista/7/8/10 iso, so it would have the NT 6.x installation, but it would really installing XP.

• 1 year later...

This is actually a good idea. I wanna do this too. I think i'll create a thread later when I did it.. I want to trick the installer to unpack XP contents instead of 7 or 10's.. It might need converting to esd image..

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 11:14 PM, George King said:

XP2ESD is what you are looking for

XP2ESD is interesting but contains a lot of updates and additions. You could write a tutorial on how to make a clean ISO WinXP image based on .wim ?

1 hour ago, reboot12 said:

XP2ESD is interesting but contains a lot of updates and additions. You could write a tutorial on how to make a clean ISO WinXP image based on .wim ?

You can do it without them, nothing is forced. Just simply inspect configurable options in config.ini.

Edited by George King

10 hours ago, George King said:

You can do it without them, nothing is forced. Just simply inspect configurable options in config.ini

But I don't want to download 4GB XP2ESD to create an ISO ~700MB. You could write in short points how to make an ISO based on WIM.

2 hours ago, reboot12 said:

But I don't want to download 4GB XP2ESD to create an ISO ~700MB. You could write in short points how to make an ISO based on WIM.

If it can be 10 lines tutorial, then yes. There are bunch of needed steps that must be done. It´s up to you, download toolkit and play with that If you would like to create XP/2003 universal image based on modern installer. 

I’m not going to spend days to create tutorial for manual job If somebody tell me reason about downloading 4GB, sorry. It´s still smaller than downloading Windows 10 ISO. And of course to create XP2ESD image you need both 7 and 10 too (can be based on 10 only).