MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. ×

Windows 11 has officially been announced!

Tonny52

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

In case anyone isn't aware, but Microsoft has quote on quote dropped 32-bit support on Windows 10 as well. I can't remember which version was the last, might have been 2004...that you can't do a new install of Windows 10 32-bit.

You can still get ISO with 32-bit Win10 21H1 through their web site, at least as long your browser doesn't indicate through its user agent that you're on Windows.

15 hours ago, Tonny52 said:

Not sure if these programs will be able to fix the issues, but if they aren't, they might as well be dead software at this point. DWM also has been overhauled with no sun in sight for bigmuscle to even get 2004 operating. As of right now, Aero, Classic start menus and customizable system trays are gone for good. :(

Also, Win11 is worse for multiple monitors. They removed the clock on secondary taskbars, which is something I heavily used and will not get used to not having it. It makes no sense to do so.

The current version of 7+ Taskbar Tweaker 5.11.3 added an incompatibility notice for Windows 11.

Is it true the options for combining program buttons on the taskbar are gone as well? Maybe Actual Window Manager will be able to add back saner taskbar.

Edited by UCyborg

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

You can still get ISO with 32-bit Win10 21H1 through their web site, at least as long your browser doesn't indicate through its user agent that you're on Windows.

I wasn't aware of that, thank you for the clarification. I think it was on their site that I saw something about them discontinuing the 32-bit version of Windows 10 which I wouldn't even have investigated in the first place but after Carey Holzman was investigating the y3k bug through the BIOS, he was trying to figure out why someone would return a Gigabyte motherboard to Amazon with a BIOS year of 2091 and apparently Windows won't install if the year is beyond a certain threshold but it sounds like it was more of a 32-bit issue rather than a 64-bit.

On 7/17/2021 at 5:17 PM, Tommy said:

I wasn't aware of that, thank you for the clarification. I think it was on their site that I saw something about them discontinuing the 32-bit version of Windows 10 which I wouldn't even have investigated in the first place but after Carey Holzman was investigating the y3k bug through the BIOS, he was trying to figure out why someone would return a Gigabyte motherboard to Amazon with a BIOS year of 2091 and apparently Windows won't install if the year is beyond a certain threshold but it sounds like it was more of a 32-bit issue rather than a 64-bit.

May be relating to Year 2038 bug: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, they can keep it. What a load of nonsense. How are old computers less "productive", especially those manufactured after Moore's law stopped being a thing?

• Upvote 1