I succesfully install windows 10 on vmware with vista as a host

Winillya2k

As I told, I managed to run Windows 10 x64 on Windows XP x86. The thing is that you should use a lts version of Windows 10. And unless you have PAE enabled and 8gb ram, you should use a ramdisk if you have more than 4gb, and if you use the ramdisk you may not give to the virtual machine more than 2gb of ram. Another option would be to setup a Windows Server 2016/2019 without graphics, only the command line. That should boot even with 512mb of ram and do bassic tasks. I also managed to have only command line experience with the normal Windows 10, here is a tutorial.

https://superuser.com/questions/291687/is-it-possible-to-run-windows-without-gui/291705

but for doing that, you must have a 64 bit capable processor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/23/2021 at 3:45 PM, Sergiaws said:

I managed to do the same thing but with XP x86 as a host and Windows 10 x64 as a guest in vmware 10!

Wait, that's impossible tbh, You can't run x64 versions of Windows on an x86 host

That-s not true. You can install Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 x64 on a 32 bit OS, if you have enough ram, a 64 bit processor and PAE enabled or if you have the pagefile.sys on a Ramdisk. I know that because I did it.