Wi-Fi don't work in XP (due to a bad configuration/service)

Sergiaws

Ah, I discovered what happened with that linc. It give an error related with the date. Can you upload it to another drive? Pd. My date is correctly configured, so it should be an error of the page.

This is only the driver, it don't install any kind of network utility. However, the installer seems to be an original Realtec installer. When I installed the networking driver for Windows 7 x64, I downloaded it from a dell archive, and the setups of both drivers is identical, but the driver for XP which I downloaded now is 32 bits, and Windows 7 driver is 64 bits. The device manager don't show me any problem with networking driver. I tried again to connect to Wi Fy using Windows XP Wi fy client, but it still don't work! But thank you very much for the help @RainyShadow!

21 minutes ago, Sergiaws said:

This is only the driver, it don't install any kind of network utility. However, the installer seems to be an original Realtec installer. When I installed the networking driver for Windows 7 x64, I downloaded it from a dell archive, and the setups of both drivers is identical, but the driver for XP which I downloaded now is 32 bits, and Windows 7 driver is 64 bits. The device manager don't show me any problem with networking driver. I tried again to connect to Wi Fy using Windows XP Wi fy client, but it still don't work! But thank you very much for the help @RainyShadow!

OK, which driver you are talking about now?

The one in my last post includes a network utility. Maybe its install is disabled...

Open in Notepad the file 010336\nb-driver-wlan-2002.1.1201.2011\IsConfig.ini

Find this section:

[SupportOSUI] ;Supported platforms for RtWlan Utility 
Win98=0
WinME=0
Win2K=1
WinXP=0
Win2003=0
WinX64=0
VistaX86=0
VistaX64=0
Win7X86=0
Win7X64=0

and change all 0s to 1, save, then install again.

I don't know if the installer actually checks those settings.

As alternate way, use UniExtract2 to extract data1.cab, then look in one of the UI_ subfolders for the utility.

Managed to install the utility, but I can't use it. I need to use a screen reading software. While some software like browsers, Office and a lot of programs use standard Windows controls and buttons are named correctly, some software can't be readed by the screen reader. In the case of the utility, the screen reader just show me a three with two elements: one called "My Computer" and the other element (inside the first element) called with the name of my network device. When I press tab or alt nothing happend. In conclusion, can't use that utility due to the lack of accessibility. Maybe I'll try to install XP on a VM and see how are configured some protocols/services. Then I'll try to port some of the configuration to my real XP.