Network Problems

bookie32

Hi guys!

An interesting one....I have a customer with an Asus Zenbook UX430UG....

This was no cheap computer but is almost 7 years old now....

My customer uses the laptop for business and pleasure...

At home she can be connected to the home network a while and then she gets dropped and has to basically restart the computer to connect again...

She has two other places she uses the laptop for work and there she is connected to the network all the time without problems..

I reset her home network and updated the intel AC8260 driver to the latest one from Intel and it seemed to work fine for a while and then the same problem at home...

I reset the network on her computer again and it worked fine after that for the time I was there....this was an evening call and it was getting late....

The customer tested the computer at home yesterday evening and according to her she wasn't dropped from the network as often as she usually is....?

NOW the strange thing is I had my laptop beside hers while working on her laptop and my computer never missed a beat...it was connected to the network the whole time with out problems....

Has anyone any idea how to go about looking for other things that could be causing her problem at home?

bookie32

I used to help 1000 students to connect to the wireless university network. In 80% of problem cases, removing the saved network configuration on the Windows 10 control panel helped. It should be under "WLAN" (or some similar translation...).

Some Windows installations are completly stuck. Bugs happen randomly somewhere. And nobody knows, what the actual problem is. Re-installing might be the quickest solution in some hard cases.

Maybe we have to take a look at the customers router too (if other wireless networks work fine with that laptop). Maybe you could login into the router and check, if that laptop has an entry there, maybe under DHCP, and maybe you have to delete that entry, too. Maybe there is a setting wrong with a DHCP pass for that one laptop.

Hi Gansangriff:D

Thanks for your input...I was sort of thinking along those lines that maybe somewhere in the router there is a problem for this laptop....

I will make that my next test...

Customer coming to me with that computer and one other for updating...

I will see how it behaves on my network and take it from there...

bookie32