Updated browser list for Windows XP

14 hours ago, Cixert said:

The last version Windows XP compatible from Liebao Browser (...) is the 6.5.115.19871

... What version of Chromium is that based on? :dubbio:Also, it appears that its installer can't be unpacked with any of the known extractors :realmad: :angry: ; many people, myself included, won't run directly a Chinese-made setup... :whistle:

15 hours ago, Cixert said:

New version is not Windows XP compatible.

Indeed, version 8.0.0.21681 (from May 31st), based on Chromium 79 (way far from latest Chromium 106 ;) ), requires at least Win7:

http://www.liebao.cn/index.html

11 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... What version of Chromium is that based on? :dubbio:Also, it appears that its installer can't be unpacked with any of the known extractors :realmad: :angry: ; many people, myself included, won't run directly a Chinese-made setup... :whistle:

Indeed, version 8.0.0.21681 (from May 31st), based on Chromium 79 (way far from latest Chromium 106 ;) ), requires at least Win7:

http://www.liebao.cn/index.html

This is Chromium 57.
You do very well not to install.
This is very intrusive, it creates a service named knbcenter.exe that prevents any modification of the installed files, so it is no longer possible to put the English language.
It also slows down the Windows XP startup.
I have managed to uninstall it by translating the menu from Chinese.
I have saved a installation copy and just by running it, it has installed everything again, it does not work as a portable.

Edited by Cixert

• 3 weeks later...

I just realized Chrome 49 can't render the current Youtube design properly anymore while it still works fine in Firefox 52, albeit quite slowly. I think when I tested that final official Chrome version for XP the last time, maybe 10 months ago, it could still display Youtube without issues.

Edited by athlonxpuser

22 hours ago, athlonxpuser said:

I just realized Chrome 49 can't render the current Youtube design properly anymore

Same for me, thumbnails have different size, but it's still "usable". I use 360Chrome v11 for YouTube.

Speaking of Chrome 49, I can browse MSFN but I can't reply anymore, not sure if that can be "fixed".

4 hours ago, we3fan said:

Speaking of Chrome 49, I can browse MSFN but I can't reply anymore, not sure if that can be "fixed".

Unfortunately, Chrome 49 is an old, abandoned browser. There is no one who will fix or modify such old Chrome browsers. Therefore, I don't think that this will ever be fixed. The only hope is that it can be fixed by a polyfill script or an extension like Chromefill if it can be done with that. At the moment, however, the Chromefill extension does not even solve the problems with GitHub. It would have to be updated considerably, which has probably not been the case recently. So all in all, there is little hope. smilie_denk_24.gif

• 1 month later...