whats your favorite band? (community topic)

legacyfan

in this topic you can talk about what your favorite band is and even talk about what music you liked by them i designed this topic as a way for members of this forum to chat and hangout without always having to deal with windows related stuff i hope you enjoy!-legacyfan

Edited by legacyfan

My favorite is Rammstein. I do not understand german language but german music just sounds so good:P. I also listen lot of Leevi and the Leavings, Arttu Wiskari, Yö, Green Day, ACDC, Queen, Beatles, ABBA and list would be too long if would list all I listen but those where what listen mostly:lol:

Things change over time, get really into a band and then later it dies down. Some have a couple great albums and some I could notice that I just like the one or two albums and not everything they made. Metallica fits into this category. Some bands where all of their albums are good but some are just "ok" and I do not care about some albums (as opposed to the Metallica example where some albums are terrible) and a band like this would be Yes or Laibach.

But for a favorite band, it would have to be something where everything is good and not just what I have heard like King Crimson or Emerson Lake & Palmer or Giorgio Moroder. And for that title I'd have to say it would have to be Morbid Angel.

Ten years ago I would had said Deep Purple, but taste changes over time, and their studio albums are far below concert ones. However, "Made in Japan" is still the best concert album ever, and "Concerto for group and orchestra" outperforms every other Symphonic rock concert I've heard - a charm that only pioneers have, You listen and you KNOW it's not a calculated attempt to imitate others' works. I do not take the album with Joe Lynn Turner on vocals, as it's terrible :P

Five years ago I would have said Enter Shikari, but their last two albums are ugh and I don't see area for improvement. First time I've heard them They said "We don't play easy music" and soon they turned into pop-ish sound. However, if you enjoy overdriven guitars, screams and a bit of eclectic, pretentious music (bit like early Pink Floyd or Emerson, Lake and Palmer, but heavier) and leftie lyrical approach, first four albums are still awesome. and their Warsaw concert from "Mindsweep" tour was the best club concert I've ever been to, period.

Now I'd probably say Pink Floyd or Tides From Nebula. First, because I still consider Dark Side of The Moon best Studio Album Ever, and I think I didn't change my mind for 15 years or more. It. Just. Fits. Also rest of their work is, however imperfect, very varied, and still consists tons of gems and good tunes. tides Are probably best Polish band - not the one that becomes copy of some western classic, but with own distinct style, worldwide renown and performing well over the years. did I say their Warsaw concerto was the Second Best I've ever been to, and that they made best gig on 2018 Woodstock festival in Poland*, despite performing on smallest scene? Hear this beauty recorded on a brick and admire! or jump to govs-sponsored pro recording (might get geofenced).

I might soon change my mind to Animals as Leaders, but First I need to consume more that 2 of their albums and hear them alive.

Out of 'I'm ashamed to admit' kind of bands, probably Rymdreglage

*Yep, it was renamed to Pol'adn'Rock due to some BS copyright reason, but everyone screws on that.

1960s/70s: Zappa & Mothers of Invention, Chet Baker, Beatles, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin ...

70s/80s: Div. Glamrock, AC/DC, Ten Years After, Blood, Sweat & Tears, Undisputed Truth, E.L.P, Pink Floyd, D. Bowie, Eddie Harris, Level 42 ...

Today? I don't know? Are there any ''earthy, groovy, funky'' Rockbands today?

O.K. ''Leonid & Friends'' sounds fine, but it's some of a 60s/70s ''Cover-Band'' ... :cool:

Leonid & Friends - Holiday Concert Stream (RU 12.2020)

Leonid & Friends - I'm A Man (Chicago Cover) (RU 2017)

Edited by e-t-c

Wow.. so many nice mentions here - I enjoy so many genres and styles and singers - everything practically. I quote enjoy listening to oldies and have posted in our music thread to reflect; as well as some to today's music.

As far as today's music, I struggle to find a band I can relate to, but I do appreciate imagine dragons and I have so much respect for Dan Reynolds ... his talent and hard work to support equal human rights.

My favourite band is Scorpions . I see German bands are quite popular , I'm no exception.

Scorpions are a German (Western Germany) rock band formed in 1965 in Hanover by Rudolf Schenker.

https://www.the-scorpions.com

My favourite Scorpions' albums are : almost all up to 1990 . In 1993 , with the release of their

new studio album (recorded in New York) , the sound became distorted . Read here :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

I guess the sound studio manager is/was deaf. They didn't need to change their recording studio.

Before that the sound is/was amazing , the best albums in the 80's recorded in the Swiss Alps.

I do own all of my fav. albums on original CDs , "made in Holland" in the 80's/early 90's.

18 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

I just like the one or two albums and not everything they made. Metallica fits into this category.

Hello , I'm guessing you're talking about Metallica's 1991 album , no ?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallica_(album)

30 minutes ago, Dixel said:

My favourite band is Scorpions . I see German bands are quite popular , I'm no exception.

it is quite funny how many who do not understand German language proper listens german bands. German language sounds so strong I guess to be nice to listen even if wont understand

• legacyfan changed the title to whats your favorite band? (community topic)
On 5/25/2021 at 12:09 AM, Dixel said:

Hello , I'm guessing you're talking about Metallica's 1991 album , no ?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallica_(album)

Kill Em All to black album (the one you linked) and Garage Inc I like, anything starting with Load (I can't stand to hear that one) is not for me.

On 5/26/2021 at 2:23 PM, Tripredacus said:

Kill Em All to black album (the one you linked) and Garage Inc I like, anything starting with Load (I can't stand to hear that one) is not for me.

Nice choice, indeed . Those are my favourites too. But I can't listen to anything starting from 1995-96, I mean any kind of music.