Implementation procedure of CombineWinX

Waddax

I was hoping someone could shed some light on as to how this works exactly. When the registry key "CombineWinX" is set to "1" the settings for SiB appears in the WinX menu as "Properties". In and of itself this is not that impressive as the WinX menu can be customized, however, this implementation is not the result of simply placing a shortcut to StartIsBackCfg.exe in the WinX folder in \AppData. Such a shortcut is not present in that folder and neither is it accessible using WinXMenuEditor. On top of that, it's place in the WinX menu appears to be fixed, much like the Shut down or sign out option.

I don't mind the presence of properties in this menu at all, that's not what this is about. I'm simply interested in the implementation procedure as I was hoping it could be applied to any and all other items in the menu to make it 100% customizable. The Shut down or sign out option as mentioned above is one of those items. It's position in the menu is also fixed and I've not yet found a way to remove it completely.

So far I've disabled CombineWinX and taken a snapshot of all files and folders along with the whole registry and then enabled it again while taking another snapshot to do a comparison. Unfortunately I've not yet been able to figure out how the implementation is being done. Any assistance and/or insight would be very much appreciated, thank you!