Why is Internet Explorer still inbuilt in Windows 10?

bookie32

1 hour ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

what is most stupid is removing some simple useless component ubuntu wants force to your causes whole DE flagged to be removal. Same wont happen on mint or debian or anything else with same

it is because companies do not care about privacy, security or customer opinions. They care about increase shareholder value at any cost good examples being ads everywhere on windows, forcing ms account even to simple tasks and on ubuntu side was Amazon spyware preinstalled on systems.

I wish companies and others here would do same and stop using Windows, but no since "Linux is unknown and nerd os". Redhat is way better than Windows 10 for security, privacy and reliability

I personally run pure Debian with XCFE for having full control over my system. Volunteer made projects rarely does anything bad.

I also personally run pure Debian with XFCE.....I use Windows 10 for my business... "Rome wasn't built in a day" comes to mind.....;) We will never change Microsoft.....they got lost along the way...it is a shame that everything comes down to money.....this is why I will never respect Microsoft for what they have become....

bookie32

any sidebar/toolbar linked menu wouldn't work without ie components
icons in "explorer" wouldn't show, and probably even function without it
taskbar is still bound to it in some way

there are probably tons other crap but ... i dont know personally

exe itself as Trip said is just a stub... you can remove it all you want

Edited by vinifera

13 hours ago, vinifera said:

any sidebar/toolbar linked menu wouldn't work without ie components
icons in "explorer" wouldn't show, and probably even function without it
taskbar is still bound to it in some way

there are probably tons other crap but ... i dont know personally

exe itself as Trip said is just a stub... you can remove it all you want

Yes..removing it wasn't the problem....being in baked in Outlook 2010 was the problem....Microsoft is rubbish and will not change

bookie32

Outlook was terrible since at least Outlook 97, with that default setting to execute scripts on message load or preview pane thing. I only used webmail or Thunderbird since then and will never use Outlook again (except OWA) no matter what.

1 hour ago, Tripredacus said:

Outlook was terrible since at least Outlook 97, with that default setting to execute scripts on message load or preview pane thing. I only used webmail or Thunderbird since then and will never use Outlook again (except OWA) no matter what.

Hi Tripredcus:buehehe:

I have outlook on my work computer....have had it for years....I use it mostly for backup of my email...and appointments etc...I usually use Gmail and most of the time log straight into the webmail....Thunderbird works really well and I always recommend it to customers that have had Windows Live Mail for years....

bookie32

On 5/12/2021 at 12:02 PM, bookie32 said:

I also personally run pure Debian with XFCE....

im waiting day when xfce gets thumbnail preview on toolbar for minimized windows
(atleast its deafult compozitor)

Internet Explorer 11 desktop application will be retired on June 15, 2022 for certain versions of Windows 10. And Microsoft Edge with IE mode is officially replacing IE 11 desktop application.

It seems that IE mode will be supported through 2029.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2021/05/19/the-future-of-internet-explorer-on-windows-10-is-in-microsoft-edge/

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-it-pro-blog/internet-explorer-11-desktop-app-retirement-faq/ba-p/2366549

• 2 weeks later...

The place I waste my life at, they develop some stupid time attendance and access control web application (that never works right, I might add)...Internet Explorer 11 is probably the only reason it doesn't work only on Chrome and its imitators, for now.

When the IE software support team at MS retire, does their product then enter into "product cycle end?"  That way, the high priced staff are gone and the new staff are paid much less?  (Past experience in a large computer company)  (Or work a deal to get your product tested and pay no one to do the testing)

well IE transformed into Edge (original), Edge was never written from scratch, hence why it has IE 11 "mode"
as for Edge in chromium, they still have this "mode" init, but how much is IE integrated init ???

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Icepick said:

for legacy reasons, businesses needs ie to use old programs
anyway, ie is being removed soon because edge has a new ie mode built into it

IE isn't being removed, if you mean in Windows 11. The information released so far specifically says that IE will be disabled.