how can i get a more update shell for windows 98/me?

Joaquim

i mean for turn off the computer... i know the dialog for 'shutdown' and 'restart' it's the shell32.dll.

but i need 1 update for don't show 'it's safe to turn off the computer' and just turn off

If your motherboard's BIOS actually supports ACPI, Windows should have been installed by invoking the setup program in win98/win9x folder on the installation CD from the command line like:

setup /p j

You can't avoid the message to turn off the computer if your hardware lacks ACPI support because such computer can't be turned off by software.

Edited by UCyborg

I hope nota get the unlock error when detect the hardware.

Before i format again. I need more 1 advice. Why when se execute a DOS game, the screen stays black?

I only get these problem on Spear of Destiny game. I tried several versions with same problem. The screen GOES black but its only the window

Edited by Joaquim

14 hours ago, UCyborg said:

You can't avoid the message to turn off the computer if your hardware lacks ACPI support because such computer can't be turned off by software.

except use my ACPIOFF, which was created exactly for this issues. :)

30 minutes ago, MERCURY127 said:

yes... but it look as very special problem, related with @Joaquim hardware or system only...

Yep, but the other thread is also started by the same Joaquim and apparently on exactly the same topic. :dubbio:

jaclaz

so i will try re-install windows 98(maybe i will get more from MS-DOS).

i will try the 'setup /p j' for test if i can install the windows and turn off the computer....

jaclaz: now i will try another way... maybe i can do it

more info: when i installed the Windows 2000, the computer was turn off automatic. so my hardware is compatible