Z590 Motherboards and 11th Gen Intel Rocket Lake Not Compatible?

lurk&jerk

Anyone had any experience with Z590 Motherboards and 11th Gen Intel Rocket Lake and Windows 8? I've installed Windows 8 and Linux on two different z590s (Gigabyte & Asrock) but couldn't get the NiCs working and there were assorted PCI network drivers errors. The MBs otherwise worked OK, although NVMe PCIe 4.0 M.2 performance  was a little slower than advertised and full Thunderbolt support was missing. I'd be curious about anyone else's experience. I've seen complaints about bad NICs on other forums but wanted to find out is this a feature of the chipset or just bad drivers..

• 3 weeks later...

Well ethernet driver cannot be installed or modified yet. Better grab some cheap ethernet controller. I prefer ryzen though and amd motherboards including x570 works with all drivers installed just fine.

Heck I even saw someone running vista on amd ryzen platform, so for older oses I recommend going ryzen.

@Jaguarek62. Thanks for the input. But after further testing, it appears the PCIe bus locks out add-in network cards with Win8 drivers. PCIe video card and USB ethernet work fine but not my add-in network card.  Weird.

Edited by lurk&jerk