Riva tuner and their BS behavior

Jaguarek62

Lately I was trying to report a bug with rivatuner and msi afterburner. When you try to display anything in OSD, riva tuner will infinitely crash.

Inspite of system requirement being windows xp, I've only met stupid moderator saying that they only focus on "modern" oses and they will not fix it for 8.1. WTF???

is it working on windows 7? Thanks

Edit: Hehe seems like I got banned on their forum. No big deal :) I guess system requirements means nothing to them.

Edited by Jaguarek62

system requirement being windows xp but only focus on "modern" operating systems and won't fix it on windows 8.1 just seems a bit stupid if you ask me and i just got banned from the forum for agreeing with you :dubbio:

Edited by TylerTT

Tell me the exact version number you're having problems with and provide with it's link . I will install Windows 7 on a spare machine and test it . Though, I do not have any modern cards to test it with . My latest card , as of now , is GTX Titan 6GB (mfg date February 2013) . I sold GTX980 recently . Perhaps it hangs up due to some conflict with newer GPUs ?

3 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Tell me the exact version number you're having problems with and provide with it's link . I will install Windows 7 on a spare machine and test it . Though, I do not have any modern cards to test it with . My latest card , as of now , is GTX Titan 6GB (mfg date February 2013) . I sold GTX980 recently . Perhaps it hangs up due to some conflict with newer GPUs ?

Hi,

no worries about older gpu. it simply does not work with anything on 8.1. I'm using it with msi afterburner combination. All troubles started with 7.2.2 and continues up until the latest beta. Please try the latest stable one. Thank you!

Version 7.3.1 works just fine with 7 and SP1 , I know there are literally millions of updates' fans here , so I installed a quick rollup update pack with all of the most popular updates "windows6.1-kb3125574-v4-x64" just for you ! And all is absolutely good with "Show in On-Screen Display" ON , "On-Screen Display support" ON too , shows FPS just fine , no glitches , nothing. Oh , and the framework is 4.5.1. Perhaps you need to remove the newer framework ? I dunno .

I cannot attach screenshots 'cause my monthly limit is up. Perhaps I should try with Vista  too ?

14 hours ago, Dixel said:

Version 7.3.1 works just fine with 7 and SP1 , I know there are literally millions of updates' fans here , so I installed a quick rollup update pack with all of the most popular updates "windows6.1-kb3125574-v4-x64" just for you ! And all is absolutely good with "Show in On-Screen Display" ON , "On-Screen Display support" ON too , shows FPS just fine , no glitches , nothing. Oh , and the framework is 4.5.1. Perhaps you need to remove the newer framework ? I dunno .

I cannot attach screenshots 'cause my monthly limit is up. Perhaps I should try with Vista  too ?

Well this is perfect. It seems to be intentional. You could try vista if you can. without ex kernel though. It should run judging by their system requirements.

8 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

Well this is perfect. It seems to be intentional. You could try vista if you can. without ex kernel though. It should run judging by their system requirements.

Maybe , maybe not . I wouldn't be surprised if it's intentonal, though . But ! To be sure you need to test with the same Net 4.5.1 , VC Redist 2015 and drivers' versions. Also , try to remove Afterburner and see if it works without it . Today I've used drivers 388 , 391 , 416 and 430.x.x - again , all is fine . I shall test with Vista if I find some spare time.

On 4/25/2021 at 8:52 PM, Jaguarek62 said:

Well I've tried (just now) to run on Vista without the extended kernel , like you suggested . It was easy ,  simply because I do not use that kernel.

I'm getting :

"Cannot load RTSSHooks.dll library"

"Failed to initialize main window"

This is with the same Net 4.5.1 and VC Redist 2015. Now it seems to be intentional to me too , and they definitely lie about the requirements.

On 4/25/2021 at 8:52 PM, Jaguarek62 said:

It seems to be intentional.

A quick look at the programme and I see this missing function : K32GetProcessMemoryInfo .

I haven't dug any deeper , but this is enough to say they are lying ! I'm wondering what they did to disable it on Windows 8.1.

Edited by Dixel
mispyted

21 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 98 both have all 4 functions mentioned in the post above.

You're very welcome to try it with NT 4.0 and Win 98 then and report back to us. 

Edited by Dixel
Though this is not what we've been looking for ...

On 4/28/2021 at 12:15 PM, Dixel said:

@UCyborg , please tell us if you know what was the last working version for Windows Vista and 8.1 respectively. Thank you.

I can't seem to find any older versions. I only found 7.22 but the issue still persist :/