My Browser Builds (Part 3)

54 minutes ago, Reino said:

Actually I didn't. In fact, I'm not a C/C++ coder, not even a coder by profession at all. In the process I just learned how to compile an FFmpeg binary for my old pc. So I guess that's all thanks to the optimized FFmpeg code itself, and maybe a little to the GCC compiler that I used.
Every single time I try to compile new binaries is a challenge though, because it is getting harder and harder to add back WinXP compatibility. One thing is for sure; without Gianluigi Tiesi's patches I couldn't have done this anymore! He - obviously a professional coder - also releases WinXP compatible FFmpeg binaries, but his binaries aren't compatible with my old CPU.

You're welcome nonetheless, of course.

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=181802

Honestly, what you've done is still very impressive either way. Even if you did not do any coding in the traditional sense, you've still done some tremendous work in compiling these binaries...the fact that support is retained for pre-SSE2 processors is no small miracle, and you can rest assured I know it will get harder as time goes on.
I'm grateful because you could have just as easily decided to keep your binaries for yourself--instead, you chose to share them with others, and in a world full of selfish people I am always grateful to ANYONE who is as generous as you have been.
Thank you for being humble enough to be so honest--you've earned the right to pat yourself on the back, but that's all up to you. Speaking only for myself, I am definitely looking forward to your future releases! Thank you VERY much!

Here's a challenge: on Serpent 55, a local TV station's pages only display the heading; no content. Despite optional chaining, nullish coalescing, froglick combining, and what-have-you, there's just a big blank space where the content should be. Same in Edge 77, so I'm guessing 360EE v11/12 as well. (And my 360EE v13 is suddenly refusing to load, so I can't test it.)

The modern Web's Googlized Javascript (Googlescript?) continues to evade our attempts to avoid modern browsers and their resource-hogging OSes. Is there any hope at all?

image.thumb.png.fd1a481e54db86b639da2cc8ba39738f.png

15 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

The modern Web's Googlized Javascript (Googlescript?) continues to evade our attempts to avoid modern browsers and their resource-hogging OSes. Is there any hope at all?

Hope dies last! On my old Windows XP computer, I try to avoid crappy, cumbersome, Googlized websites generally as a form of protest, and due to my low hardware resources. If I have to access such sites, I usually open them in a browser on my Android tablet. The advantage is that mobile website versions are much more tolerable and easier to surf than desktop versions. I think your described trend will accelerate more and more, looking back the last years. Unfortunately, the users loving their Windows XP will have to accept that those websites can only be accessed by using alternatives. jexplique.gif
My personal rule: all Googlized crap should be processed by Google's OS Android and its browsers.

Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

12 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

Here's a challenge: on Serpent 55, a local TV station's pages only display the heading; no content. Despite optional chaining, nullish coalescing, froglick combining, and what-have-you, there's just a big blank space where the content should be. Same in Edge 77, so I'm guessing 360EE v11/12 as well. (And my 360EE v13 is suddenly refusing to load, so I can't test it.)

image.thumb.png.fd1a481e54db86b639da2cc8ba39738f.png

tv2.thumb.JPG.44aa1e9f3b0d52f04950c83c368e5a70.JPGtv1.thumb.JPG.d506f40aa3b88f9399d2811ca6fec194.JPG

Same here with Serpent 52 and 360V11 :-(

Edited by XPerceniol

11 hours ago, tpao12 said:

My country tv web channel with roytam1 browser
Pages are displayed correctly. but refuses to play the video
and I checked at Console
If you want to check the web

https://www.ch7.com/

spacer.png

Edge

spacer.png

tv3.thumb.JPG.45adcf319e34b4f315bf19f0258c4a4e.JPG

You could always give 360EE A try as your station and webpage is working just fine, but same as you with Serpent 52 and 55.

Edited by XPerceniol

11 hours ago, tpao12 said:

My country tv web channel with roytam1 browser
Pages are displayed correctly. but refuses to play the video
and I checked at Console
If you want to check the web

https://www.ch7.com/

spacer.png

Edge

spacer.png

it wants to `import' javascript, which is not available in UXP:

23:20:17.055 SyntaxError: expected expression, got keyword 'import' 1 www.ch7.com:5487:28

5 hours ago, tpao12 said:

Do I have to install java runtime?

No, unless you have some applications which need the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). JavaScript and Java Runtime Environment are two totally different things. In a browser, you need a lot of scripts written in the language JavaScript. Almost all websites provide functionality via Javascript. Java Runtime Environment, for running Java executables, is needed very rarely in a browser. Therefore, JRE can't fix your problem.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Not only UXP it would seem as MyPal68 also won't work on both of those sites either. :huh: No browser I have on hand will work properly for:

https://cw33.com/morning-in-america/

2 hours ago, roytam1 said:

it wants to `import' javascript, which is not available in UXP:

23:20:17.055 SyntaxError: expected expression, got keyword 'import' 1 www.ch7.com:5487:28

Edited by XPerceniol

5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

And one thing is totally clear. Without the efforts and support of @roytam1, @feodor2, @NotHereToPlayGames, @Humming Owl and so on, Windows XP would have been died years ago. Therefore, thanks to you all for your great work ssupercool2.gif , and keep Windows XP alive as long as possible! :yes:

Kind regards, AstroSkipper goodjob.gif + mains.gif

Hear, hear!!! Long live Windows XP--and thank you for your own contributions! All of you have played a very big part in keeping XP alive!

23 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

And my 360EE v13 is suddenly refusing to load, so I can't test it.

Good news on that front: I got 360EE v13 working again. Turns out I need to "Run as Administrator" on Win 7 - no idea why. I've never needed to run a browser as "Administrator" before....

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think I know why. I foolishly put the 360EE folder under the "Program Files (x86)" directory, and 360EE modifies some files there. That works fine in XP but requires administrator privileges on Win 7. Oops!

Anyhow, the troublesome site https://cw33.com/morning-in-america/ doesn't load correctly there either! I'm starting to think the Web page itself is broken, not a problem with older browsers. Sorry for the false alarm, everyone....

Edited by Mathwiz