My Browser Builds (Part 3)

4 hours ago, roytam1 said:

never try that so I don't know

Here's what happened when I tried to compile it on Devuan Chimaera amd64.

I presume the prerequisites are these:

apt install python2 autoconf2.13 build-essential ccache python2-dev unzip uuid zip curl libgtk2-dev libgconf2-dev yasm libasound2-dev libpulse-dev libgstreamer1.0-dev libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-dev libxt-dev
curl https://bootstrap.pypa.io/pip/2.7/get-pip.py -o get-pip.py
python2 get-pip.py

I had to patch up the GST_API_VERSION in the configure script, since it got detected wrongly as 0.10 for some reason. I can't really tell what everything even is, so I just redefined it as 1.0 at line 23036, below the if check under "# Check whether --enable-gstreamer or --disable-gstreamer was given.", this made the build progress further.

Unfortunately, I hit a snag:

0:04.95 In file included from /home/fierelier/Documents/mozilla45esr/obj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/dist/stl_wrappers/new:34,
 0:04.95                  from /usr/include/c++/10/bits/exception_ptr.h:40,
 0:04.95                  from /usr/include/c++/10/exception:147,
 0:04.95                  from /home/fierelier/Documents/mozilla45esr/obj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/dist/system_wrappers/exception:3,
 0:04.95                  from /usr/include/c++/10/new:41,
 0:04.95                  from /home/fierelier/Documents/mozilla45esr/obj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/dist/system_wrappers/new:3,
 0:04.95                  from /home/fierelier/Documents/mozilla45esr/obj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/dist/stl_wrappers/cstdlib:28,
 0:04.95                  from /usr/include/c++/10/stdlib.h:36,
 0:04.95                  from /home/fierelier/Documents/mozilla45esr/obj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/dist/system_wrappers/stdlib.h:3,
 0:04.95                  from /home/fierelier/Documents/mozilla45esr/toolkit/crashreporter/google-breakpad/src/common/linux/guid_creator.cc:35,
 0:04.95                  from /home/fierelier/Documents/mozilla45esr/obj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/toolkit/crashreporter/google-breakpad/src/common/linux/Unified_cpp_src_common_linux0.cpp:11:
 0:04.95 ../../../../../../dist/include/mozilla/mozalloc.h:184:33: error: ‘bad_alloc’ in namespace ‘std’ does not name a type
 0:04.95   184 | void* operator new(size_t size) MOZALLOC_THROW_BAD_ALLOC
 0:04.95       |                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This seems to have cropped up in newer GCC versions in Linux:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1269171

Getting GCC 5.x, which from this, seems to be the only solution I understand, is super difficult on my up to date Linux. @roytam1 maybe you can implement a fix, from what you can read on the bugzilla link? I'm willing to keep building on my system.

Edited by Fierelier

16 hours ago, Art7220 said:

Switching to Serpent did work.
I was using New Moon from earlier this year.

FWIW, if you switch back to last weekend's New Moon 28, it should work, too... ;)

https://forums.mst3k.com/ , as do most of newer sites, is tailored to work best in recent Chrome (and derivatives)/Firefox :( ; 
for the techie specifics, they're using the Optional Chaining Oprerator ("?."), part of ECMAScript2020 (a Javascript standard); 
by a "stroke of luck", OCO was very recently implemented upstream and made its way into last WE's UXP browsers by Roytam1; these include latest Serpent 52.9.0 and latest New Moon 28.10.6a1; having still a NM28 build from "earlier this year" was/is the root of your issue with "forums.mst3k"...

BTW, if you have any sort of leverage towards the admins of that site, you should ask them to look into providing better backwards compatibility with non-Chromium type browser engines, aka "legacy" browsers, like the UXP ones (official Pale Moon and forks, official Basilisk and forks), official SeaMonkey (and forks), etc.; more so, if you plan to be a paying customer of theirs but, at the same time, continue using browsers supporting your XP OS... 
Who knows, next week they'll start using Chrome 98+ specific web APIs, very unlikely to become supported "here" in a timely fashion, if ever... In such a case, your eventual request for help here will be futile, sadly :( ...
If, OTOH, you're prepared to be using Google's latest spyware on M$'s latest spyware OS to watch your movies there (on mst3k), then case dismissed... :P

Edited by VistaLover

Great answer.  :cheerleader:  (I was aware of upstream workings, but unaware that they made it into St52 and NM28 - will be testing, woot woot.)

But I would prefer the forum software to replace "M$" with "**".  Since it is meant as "derogatory", then it should be "censored" with asterisks.  I just "hate" reading "M$" when what you really mean is MICROSOFT.  :whistle:

4 hours ago, VistaLover said:

OCO was very recently implemented upstream and made its way into last WE's UXP browsers by Roytam1; these include latest Serpent 52.9.0 and latest New Moon 28.10.6a1

Bummer.  American Water billpay website still requires 360Chrome v13 or higher.  :realmad:

U mad bro? Did you actually think optional chaining / nullish coalescing (not supported yet) operators are of such large significance that would make any measurable impact on web compat in general?

Not really "mad", lol.  I guess I was hoping to return to NM28 because I only abandoned it roughly two years ago and it was because my water bill web site stopped funtioning using NM28.

I kind of assumed that it is optional chaining / nullish coalescing, but I don't know for sure.

I'm "happy" with 360Chrome - but I still keep an eye out on NM28 (not a fan of St52 or St55).

12 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

(I was aware of upstream workings, but unaware that they made it into St52 and NM28

Well, each Saturday's releases do come with a changelog (Release Notes): 

On 5/7/2022 at 2:58 AM, roytam1 said:

New build of Serpent/UXP for XP!
Official UXP changes picked since my last build:
- Issue #1658 - Part 1: Implement support for optional chaining in the JS Parser (e04a23ff9)
- Issue #1658 - Part 2: Implement bytecode for optional chaining (d58db931d)
- Issue #1658 - Part 3: Implement support for optional chaining in JS reflection (efabdc188)
- Issue #1658 - Part 4: Fix optional chaining assertions and remove unreachable code (a350d5122)
- Issue #1658 - Part 5: Add and initialize TDZ check to optional chaining emitter (4c3529669)
- Issue #1658 - Part 6: Break and return no control flow for jumps emitted by optional chains under IonBuilder (cb9809634)
- Issue #1658 - Part 7: Implement support for optional chaining in console autocomplete (c8d825af3)
- Issue #1658 - Part 8: Update tests (f2cd5760b)

:P

11 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

American Water billpay website still requires 360Chrome v13 or higher
I kind of assumed that it is optional chaining / nullish coalescing, but I don't know for sure.

Trust me, I'm with you on that and really feel your pain ;) ... But, you'd have to isolate the very exact reason(s) your "American Water" site refuses to work in UXP browsers and Chromium<86-derived ones... From past recollections of your previous posts on the subject, it would appear the culprit A.W. script(s) come into play once you sign-in to that site, thus, as you realise, making it very hard for anybody else without an account there to troubleshoot this further...

Warmest (30 C currently, already...) greetings! :cool: 

11 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

come with a changelog (Release Notes)

I know.  I don't read them.  99% of them make ZERO sense to me.  I wish they were in a "hide/show" toggle-box because I kinda see them as a pain to scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll  :blushing:

18 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

come into play once you sign-in to that site

Not really!  You can put in FAKE username/password and still witness the non-working aspect of the web site in anything less than 360Chrome v13.

But only folks that HAVE an account (just under 50% of the entire USA has their water supplied by American Water or its subsidiaries) have the vested interest to track it down.

But 99% of those only use the latest-and-greatest OS with the latest-and-greatest web browser.

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Not really!  You can put in FAKE username/password and still witness the non-working aspect of the web site in anything less than 360Chrome v13.

Well, posting some actual URLs would've helped... ;)
A quick G-search yielded the following "MyWater" site, where AW customers should log-in to pay online their water bill(s): 

https://www.amwater.com/caaw/customer-service-billing/billing-payment-info/ => https://login.amwater.com/

Putting-in FAKE UserID+Password, using 360EEv12, simply generates the "Invalid User ID or Password" error for me...
... Or is it, perhaps, this URL: 

https://ipn.paymentus.com/rotp/awk

you're using yourself? :dubbio:

Edited by VistaLover

2 hours ago, VistaLover said:

It's that one.

And sure enough, v11 will now try to log in but that wasn't the case a few months ago - the blue login button would turn gray but nothing would happen after that.

It used to require v13 or higher just to turn the blue login button to gray while it tried to log in even with a fake username/password.

But what I'm seeing today is that ANY browser can turn the blue login button to gray and get a "Invalid User ID or Password" but only something higher than v13 will actually log in.