My Browser Builds (Part 3)

After click: Embed link - video could play, if you click Play. If not, click: Switch Invidious Instance.

So videos play OK. here, in Serpent 55 v from 20210130 and 20211106... This link: https://invidious.snopyta.org/watch?v=YGqCGD4uqVE

In uBlock have allowed: snopyta.org and googlevideo.com

Edited by msfntor

2 hours ago, UCyborg said:

List of Invidious instances

Thank you, i choose third in the list - vid.puffyan.us  It works great for me, finally first time in many days i can enjoy invidious on my XP machine.:thumbup But i still think that problem of first in the list - yewtu.be should be investigated by roytam, because what if other iterations of invidious would start to act like that.

9 hours ago, Rod Steel said:

Hello, and happy new year to MSFN users!

I have a question about New Moon and Serpent. I use NM28 (2021-08-13) and Serpent55 (2021-12-17). Now in both versions Invidious not working - videos not shown instead in NM is text: "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported". But in 360Chrome it works.

Examle: https://yewtu.be/watch?v=YGqCGD4uqVE

And in Serpent55 even the ad picture of video not shown. Roytam, can it be fixed? Because several months ago Invidious was working in NM, but then Invidious several days was offline with text that they do changes and after that it's not working. And i usually use Invidious, cause YouTube is very slow in NM\Serpent and Invidious is blazing fast.

3 hours ago, Rod Steel said:

Thank you, i choose third in the list - vid.puffyan.us  It works great for me, finally first time in many days i can enjoy invidious on my XP machine.:thumbup But i still think that problem of first in the list - yewtu.be should be investigated by roytam, because what if other iterations of invidious would start to act like that.

It works here in Serpent52 and NM27.

I had a little issue in NM27 where the video div would not show up unless i resized the browser window height, but fixed it with a bit of userCSS (padding-bottom related).

I didn't check with clean profiles, but i guess it would work (maybe with some minimal adjustments)

One thing to note is that the initial setting in St52 was HD720, when i changed it to "medium" in the player (the only other available option) i got that error too.

After switching to DASH in the site settings i had more quality options in the player and they seem to work fine.

P.S. That girl is funny :buehehe::wub:

Edited by RainyShadow

38 minutes ago, RainyShadow said:

P.S. That girl is funny

10+ minutes of a total waste of time, in my opinion.  I gave it 70 seconds and am kinda ticked off with myself for giving it that long.  Just not a "tuber" fan.  All of these "video" sites that people complain don't work with such-and-such a browser, I've never heard of most of them, I got a thousand things better to do.  Heck, even YouTube was NEVER visited until folks around here kept insisting that we need 360Chrome to run twenty different YouTube videos simultaneoulsly as some sort of "crash test".  But I guess "to each their own", as the saying goes.

25 minutes ago, Lambic said:

All the 7z compressed files are asking for a password to extract.

I couldn't find it anywhere on the web.

Please can you provide it ?

they don't need password to extract, check if you're downloading from my site, and check if you're not using too-outdated archiver.

On 1/1/2022 at 2:46 PM, Dave-H said:

the Instagram videos problem

I'm NOT logged in Instagram.

In Serpent 55 I'm able to play directly my two bookmark linked Instagram videoshttps://www.instagram.com/p/B7u2wJAh3n4/ - and https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNZX7dWA0iG/?igshid=1tlxn9t5hvfgp - with uBlock only.

In uBlock - allow (so are in green) instagram.com, cdninstagram.com, facebook.com.

If video don't play (cause login screen), log-off/log-on - restart session, or Windows...but now have Instagram login screen - in Chrome builds too ...so bad things are probably happening at the server level... ... 

EDIT:

Instagram link stops working - each one separately of your other I. links (change to login with login prompt) in all browsers, if you manipulate (in one of your browsers) facebook entries of your Instagram page in uBlock...uhh

So if you manipulate one of your instagram links in uBlock, this link only get login page, for always! Lost forever, that link only!

Another Instagram link for your collection: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CNvXOw1g56k/?igshid=yfmoainfvma2

Weird, would someone have the explanations, please?

Edited by msfntor
changed EDIT only...

19 hours ago, Rod Steel said:

But i still think that problem of first in the list - yewtu.be should be investigated by roytam, because what if other iterations of invidious would start to act like that.

It's really weird that yewtu.be acts like that. The site with instances says it currently has a version from 2022, but it's been acting like that with older versions as well. But those versions act OK on the other instances. It's supposed to be the same software after all.

I've tried that video on yewtu.be on current versions of Firefox and Vivaldi and it works fine there out-of-the-box as well.

Edited by UCyborg

17 hours ago, RainyShadow said:

P.S. That girl is funny :buehehe::wub:

Yeah, Shoe is great. I like Shoe. I intentionally put link with her as example, cause i hope some people learn about her. I usually do such things - put links with great stuff so people learn about cool things.

Now i have another trouble, this time only with Serpent 55. On OLX.UA any thing that you find can not be opened in a separate page.

Example: https://www.olx.ua/list/q-MSI-GX740/   You push on small account with notebook for sale and it tell you you have too old browser. This is only with 55 version. Can it be fixed?

On 1/1/2022 at 5:57 PM, UCyborg said:
On 1/1/2022 at 1:31 PM, roytam1 said:

did you disable fetch, worker and/or serviceworker in about:config?

They're all at default. Let me know if any relevant pref is missing from those screens.

It's something to do with my config or addons. Need to investigate when the time permits.

Edit: found the culprit, a left-over from the time when I had dom.serviceworkers.enabled. There was serviceworker.txt file with the following content in the profile folder:

https://msfn.org/board/
https://msfn.org/board/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=serviceworker&v=2a962fc5181638719336&type=front
{dbf85245-ef53-4136-ba23-fca6bf5b581b}
#

Deleted it and now navigation on MSFN works correctly.

Edited by UCyborg

10 hours ago, Rod Steel said:

Now i have another trouble, this time only with Serpent 55. On OLX.UA any thing that you find can not be opened in a separate page.

Example: https://www.olx.ua/list/q-MSI-GX740/   You push on small account with notebook for sale and it tell you you have too old browser.

Go to about:config and try creating string pref general.useragent.override.olx.ua and setting it to Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:79.0) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/4.8 Firefox/79.0 Basilisk/52.9.2021.07.19

This tells olx.ua you're running Firefox 79 on Win 8.1. This is often all it takes to fix "too old browser" type messages.

On 1/1/2022 at 11:57 AM, UCyborg said:

They're all at default. Let me know if any relevant pref is missing from those screens.

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is rather new issue to me since I had browser.privatebrowsing.autostart pref enabled for the longest time.

I used to have dom.serviceworkers.enabled turned on just in case, turned it off in recent times, but re-enabling this one doesn't help neither. The console indicates the error supposedly comes from index.php.

I'm sorry, hope you guys can put up with me, I'm trying to understand and am confused, are these the proper setting as @Roytam1 also mention? I seem to be fine on most sites with this [St52.9[ and need to also update my FF52.9.1 and St55 to match and will report when I have something.

The prefs that are in bold text are user set and not at the default in:

Version     52.9.0 (32-bit)
Build ID     20211110012942

spacer.png

Edited by XPerceniol

OT:

...This isn't probably the right place to post this, but since I am/was most active in these threads, here comes my bad news:

My cherished Toshiba laptop from 2009, that came with Vista OEM 32-bit originally, has died on me a little more than two hours ago...
No previous signs of an impending doom, I was merely browsing (in 360EEv11) when the screen just started flickering on a frozen frame, just out of the blue, and I had to disconnect power to forcibly shut it down...

After I put the power back in, the laptop simply won't start anymore, the screen remains permanently black, I can feel some disk activity by touching the laptop, but just that...

Sadly, I'm completely clueless when it comes to H/W, can be anything from a dead integrated GPU, a dead CPU or something else (the HDD was in good condition, AFAIAA, replaced last in 2017...

Of importance to me is 12 year-worth e-mails contained in Windows Mail, and a ton of other valuable things contained in the internal HDD (I don't have recent back-ups of...)

This is me posting from sister's Win7 x64 laptop, via a portable Serpent 52 profile I carry on an external HDD...
To add insult to injury, I painfully discovered that "portable" 360EE profiles do not carry with them saved cookies/account credentials for sites, unlike Mozilla browsers...

Needless to say I feel very distressed now, this is still the Holidays period during an omicron exponential surge, PC repair shops are mostly closed/half-working... I'll probably have the laptop evaluated by a technician during the coming days, I don't hold high hopes for it to be brought back to life (and at what cost?), all I can hope for is that the HDD is OK and salvageable...

This was just a "to let you know" post, 2022 apparently only brought havoc to me thus far... :(
Yes, cr*p like this happens, but now that it has, I'm a total wreck inside... -_-

I wish all the best to you, despite... :rolleyes:

Edited by VistaLover