My Browser Builds (Part 3)

7 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I have zero clue on what that gitbub page is saying.  What is the last version of Arcticfox that still has the always-on status bar?

should be arcticfox-27.11.0.win32-git-20210130

12 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

I was never able to get the polyfill add-on to work quite right on Serpent 55. Latest version works on 52 (except not in multiprocess mode).

Github was working fine but gitlab never did. Now github is dead too and I even tried reinstalling older versions to no effect so something was done to 55 itself to break it.

The kludge I've been using is a "classic" add-on called "Open With" that lets you pen links with other browsers.

Didn't even know about this addon, glad you posted it. I've got about five sites so far that need to go into 52 and this opens them up nicely. For the longest time I had the "open with IE" addon installed but the last time it was used was in the stone age. This addon I can actually make use of.

With multi-process it does work to resolve the problems with 52 sticking when trying to scroll other sites in other tabs after using certain sites like Twitter or Hotmail and it reduces the browser sluggishness. Unfortunately memory use is through the roof. After 5 minutes on Twitter the tab is consuming 1gb+ of memory. Clearing it in about:memory does little. Maybe there's an addon that can do something to help with that. 

I do wish we could get some UXP enhancements ported to 55.

Agree, 55 is so much better in so many ways. If the Pale Moon Team really wanted to get more users they'd forget everything else and focus on this version. In fact, reading that change thread one or two posters suggested that but there was no reply.

Edited by DanR20

On 10/4/2021 at 9:13 PM, Zollex said:

Help! Neewmoon sse edition has problem with missing "mozglue.dll". I use 775i65g board.

13 minutes ago, Zollex said:

This  is the error.

Immagine2.jpg

So, you were not able to solve this for over two months?

And you still didn't answer my question?!

Did you at least try the newer builds?

That error isn't about missing mozglue.dll , a quick search for the exception number shows results associated with running programs under a debugger.

Do you use a debugger or some kind of virtualisation there?

11 hours ago, DanR20 said:

Agree, 55 is so much better in so many ways.

I use NM28 and Serpent 52. I am really interested in what you saying. Can you please give example in what things 55 Serpent better? Maybe i should us 55?:dubbio:

12 hours ago, Rod Steel said:

I use NM28 and Serpent 52. I am really interested in what you saying. Can you please give example in what things 55 Serpent better? Maybe i should us 55?:dubbio:

It's mainly about performance. 55 renders javascript better, it handles sites like Twitter better and is just faster in my experience. It is also a later version that can install certain useful addons that 52 can't such as the container tab add-on.

@NotHereToPlayGames

BUT it has always been my perception that 52 is more advanced that 55...

It is and can render most sites that 55 can't. That's why we want to get UXP features ported to it so it's equal to 52.