My Browser Builds (Part 3)

OK, so it's a board issue rather than a browser issue. (Whew! When even web.archive.org stopped rendering correctly, I figured msfn.org might not be far behind....)

Edit: Adding a code snippet to <profile folder>\chrome\UserContent.css like this:

@-moz-document domain("msfn.org") {
   div.ipsQuote_contents { background-color: #CCC !important;}
}

... makes those quotes readable again. Adjust the #CCC to the background RGB color of your choice, but keep it light (C through F) for best results.

Edited by Mathwiz

50 minutes ago, Mathwiz said:

OK, so it's a board issue rather than a browser issue.

@InterLinked has some Dark Mode thingy in his Iron 70 that adds the black background to quote boxes when he posts.

The forum software accepts HTML formatting in these boxes, so you can post black, brown, red on pink...

1 hour ago, Mathwiz said:

Edit: Adding a code snippet to <profile folder>\chrome\UserContent.css like this:

I might mention Stylem here so you can have these things in the GUI and a toggle to turn them on/off.

3 hours ago, UCyborg said:

@InterLinked has some Dark Mode thingy in his Iron 70 that adds the black background to quote boxes when he posts.

"Dark Background and Light Text" extension has this dark background in quotes problem, if notched "Default" in its settings for MSFN. With "Simple CSS", or" Disabled", no more this problem.

..not only in Serpent 55, in other browsers too (eg. 360Chrome, DcBrowser ...)

Its @InterLinkedextension's issue.

So @InterLinkedshould notch "Simple CSS"...if use this extension.

Edited by msfntor

On 10/16/2021 at 7:41 AM, VistaLover said:

And, as far as upstream are concerned, the same stands true for the remainder of this month and the first week of November: 

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?p=220767#p220767
http://developer.palemoon.org/docs/release-engineering/

Pale Moon Version - CLOSED TREE - Intended Release Date - Type of Release

29.5.0	            2021-11-02	  2021-11-09	          Major/Feature Release

:P

29.5.0 doesn't come, and 29.4.2 came instead.

pure-tracking repo is updated. https://github.com/roytam1/palemoon-source-tracking/compare/fc493cf6d5bcc710eb196d8ec801e0c8eea1cea3...97c43630eaee79a34ba78a8c318fcf59700d1eba

and cherry-picking will be done later.

Hey folks!

Sorry that I've been absent for nearly one year, I've been very busy for certain reasons.

First - the mirror of latest BNavigator, Firefox 45ESR, MailNews 52, New Moon 26.5/27/28 and Serpent 52/55 builds is still alive and updated every week -> soggi.org - tools.

Second - @roytam1 I still stuck with New Moon 27.9.7_20201121 for several reasons. Recently I had the time to check all since then released versions up to New Moon 27.10.0_20211106. I tested them with the most important (to me) websites and here is the result (only detected issues are listed, screenshots added below):

• search bar / plugins don't work (since 20201212)
  • right-click "Open Link in New Tab" doesn't work (since 20201212)
  • partially large / odd context menu (since 20201212)
  • YouTube redirects to mobile version (https://m.youtube.com/, since 20210807)
  • Twitter doesn't work (solved since 20211030)
  • MediathekViewWeb JS doesn't work (since 20201128, solved since 20210213)
  • Matomo JS crashes New Moon (since 20201226, solved since 20210306)

kind regards
soggi

SearchBar.png

ContextMenu.png

YT1.jpg

YT2.jpg

Edited by soggi

3 hours ago, soggi said:
  • search bar / plugins don't work (since 20201212)
  • right-click "Open Link in New Tab" doesn't work (since 20201212)
  • partially large / odd context menu (since 20201212)

you should check if your extensions is/are broken since there is some javascript syntax changes are required. you may open javascript console to see them.

3 hours ago, soggi said:

YouTube redirects to mobile version (https://m.youtube.com/, since 20210807)

this is an intended change since youtube updated their code, which makes NM27 very slow when rendering page.

Edited by roytam1

Thanks for the fast reply!

11 hours ago, roytam1 said:

you should check if your extensions is/are broken since there is some javascript syntax changes are required. you may open javascript console to see them.

Which extensions do you mean? I tested this on three machines (WinXP SP3 POSReady, WinXP SP3, Win7 SP1 - last two with a fresh profile w/o any add-on) - everywhere the same. Below I added a screenshot of the Browser Console on Win7 SP1. Let me know if you need any further information!

11 hours ago, roytam1 said:

this is an intended change since youtube updated their code, which makes NM27 very slow when rendering page.

Ah OK, I guessed it is something like that... Unfortunately it always redirects and there's no possibility to use the standard www site which worked for me. :-/ But I would come along with that, the other problems are much more important to be solved.

kind regards
soggi

BrowserConsole.png

Edited by soggi

4 hours ago, soggi said:

Thanks for the fast reply!

Which extensions do you mean? I tested this on three machines (WinXP SP3 POSReady, WinXP SP3, Win7 SP1 - last two with a fresh profile w/o any add-on) - everywhere the same. Below I added a screenshot of the Browser Console on Win7 SP1. Let me know if you need any further information!

Ah OK, I guessed it is something like that... Unfortunately it always redirects and there's no possibility to use the standard www site which worked for me. :-/ But I would come along with that, the other problems are much more important to be solved.

kind regards
soggi

BrowserConsole.png

alright this bug is fixed. https://github.com/roytam1/palemoon27/commit/c7d628bdd0d71cd1df5e77680b4a35bf2be686ee

On 11/9/2021 at 4:21 PM, roytam1 said:

29.5.0 doesn't come, and 29.4.2 came instead.

Pale Moon 29.4.2.1 has been released :P :

v29.4.2.1 (2021-11-11)

This is a small update to address the following issue:
Autocomplete drop-downs would have incorrect styling, causing issues with custom themes (e.g. unreadable) and not displaying as-intended

On 11/10/2021 at 11:34 AM, soggi said:

Unfortunately it always redirects and there's no possibility to use the standard www site which worked for me. :-/

The redirection to the mobile version of youtube.com in "recent" NM27 builds is done via a modified SSUAO (inside about:config): 

general.useragent.override.youtube.com;Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/534.30

You can change the value of that pref to a desktop UA and, if you feel comfortable with the much more resource-hungry desktop yt version, you should be able to load again www.youtube.com URLs: 

general.useragent.override.youtube.com;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0 PaleMoon/27.9.6

:P