user_pref("layers.offmainthreadcomposition.async-animations", true); // default
user_pref("layers.offmainthreadcomposition.enabled", true); // add
user_pref("layers.async-video.enabled", true); // add
user_pref("html5.offmainthread", true); // default
user_pref("layout.frame_rate.precise", true); // set review
user_pref("gfx.direct2d.disabled", false); // default
user_pref("gfx.font_rendering.directwrite.force-enabled", true); // set

Hello; @dmiranda

Would you help me with my 'issues" ... computer issues, of course ... hehe.

Unfortunately, the only Juice I have is prune juice in the fridge, and while that is VERY effective, its not helping me with my computer =P

Could you come up with an alternative:

// ACCELERATION AND GRAPHICS - GOOD FOR MULTIPROCESS IF YOU GOT MOLASSES :(

I'm not kidding, I'm running VERY VERY old hardware and things were slower using your prefs, So, I figured I'd just try the opposite of what you suggested to see and that didn't help much either. Basically, I left everything at their default(s)  and omitted adding anything. I only changed the following prefs.

user_pref("layers.acceleration.enabled", false;)
user_pref("gfx.direct2d.disabled", false); // default <--true

Do you think changing anything on your list from their defaults would improve anything, or is there anything else I could change elsewhere to help/improve this old clunker. Lol

Otherwise; our prefs are actually quite similar.

thank you for any advice in advance :)

Edited by XPerceniol

I'm not sure whether @roytam1 or other members here became aware, BUT:

The story thus far:

1. MCP, effectively spearheaded by M.A.T.'s actions/decisions, forced the Centaury & MyPal forks into brutal extinction (sudden death I'd call it in sports terms...)

2. "Some person" (perhaps one supporter of those killed projects?) "flagged" M.A.T.'s GitHub account:
https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?p=220044#p220044

The story from now on:

Chapter: Revenge of the enraged beast(s)

1. The UXP platform in its current form shall be NO MORE; the GitHub mirror of UXP
(infrequently updated by M.A.T. after major Pale Moon releases)
https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/UXP
has been hidden/removed...

2. The main UXP development repo, hosted on Moonchild's own Gitea instance, has been archived and moved to
https://repo.palemoon.org/mcp-graveyard/UXP

3. Development repos of applications Pale Moon and Basilisk have also been archived in
https://repo.palemoon.org/mcp-graveyard/Pale-Moon
https://repo.palemoon.org/mcp-graveyard/Basilisk

4. The development of the "new" Platform (tentatively named "Platform Codebase"), as well as that of the "new" Browser application pushed out by MCP (rebrandings are to be announced) WILL FOLLOW THE PATTERN OF BINARY OUTCAST APPLICATIONS, i.e. all code repositories SHALL BE PRIVATE (like the Interlink and Borealis Navigator ones are currently :angry: ), Source Code will only accompany the releases of executable forms (i.e. binaries).

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?p=220136#p220136

We are no longer going to use the Unified XUL Platform any longer. New branding will be forthcoming.
For now, it is just the "Platform Codebase" and is no longer public, except for required Source Code Form of Covered Software relating to a Executable Form.

:thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown:angry: :angry: :angry: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: (I don't want to publicly voice my opinion here, as, most probably, forum filters will censor it... :sneaky: )

The above effectively puts the New Moon 28/UXP and Serpent 52/UXP forks out of commission, and with 0 hopes of a new fork based on future MCP iterations...

A most sad day, indeed... :}

"There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Edited by VistaLover

59 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

The above effectively puts the New Moon 28/UXP and Serpent 52/UXP forks out of commission, and with 0 hopes of a new fork based on future MCP iterations...

they tried hard to make me laugh :)

"unable to cherry-pick"? actually not, unless they never release any new source.

since they're still releasing source with every new versions, I can still make a diff and figure out which part of changes should be in same part.

yeah they did that do throw me back to pre-VCS "stone age", but it is NOT the end.

Whatever happens from here on out, I will continue to support @roytam1 in whatever he decides to do with his browsers going forward.
MCP seems hell-bent on destroying anyone and anything that tries to get in the way of their 'vision' for their browsers.
The way I see it, they're on a road to self-destruction...their browsers are going to fade further into irrelevance, while people will continue to follow Roy and many others and support their hard work.
MCP and their browsers are going to become more and more the reflection of everything they were once fighting against, everything they had tried so hard not to have their browsers be or to themselves become.

It is a shame that they could be so arrogant not only to XP users but users of the 'regular' Pale Moon and Basilisk, so greedy about the source code, and so selfish in not allowing people to take their work and build upon it.
And yet, without Mozilla they would have had nothing to build from, no starting point to begin with.
They were (and are) nothing without Mozilla, much as Atlas in Teen Titans was nothing without the mechanic who did maintenance (see the episode "Only Human").
When the mechanic abandoned Atlas he was battered into spare parts...and as people abandon MCP and/or if Mozilla themselves should see fit to abandon them, they too will be battered & broken.

Thank you, Roy, for all of your hard work--I appreciate you and your efforts VERY much. It ain't over 'til it's over!

I just wanted to make a point, not exactly about this specific case but in general.

IN the MPL v2 you have:

1.13. “Source Code Form”: means the form of the work preferred for making modifications.

3.1. Distribution of Source Form

All distribution of Covered Software in Source Code Form, including any Modifications that You create or to which You contribute, must be under the terms of this License. You must inform recipients that the Source Code Form of the Covered Software is governed by the terms of this License, and how they can obtain a copy of this License. You may not attempt to alter or restrict the recipients’ rights in the Source Code Form.

The question is with the definition of the source code

To me it is clear that as soon as a git or svn exists it is by far the preferred form of the code for modification, so by definition of MPL, the source code.

Simple tarballs are clearly stripped from useful commit information and are thus still usable but less preferred for modification and are not the full source.

It was not a concern back in the days where people were not using subversion system.

At this point of info stripping why not obfuscate the code in the tarballs?

I used to consider that binary were source releases that were just a little difficult to work with.

I think if a GIT exists, then a tarball is not the form of the work preferred for making modifications.

On 9/12/2021 at 1:16 AM, DanR20 said:

Is anyone having problems on Twitter with the volume slider and UXP 52 and 55? It seems to have just started but it will no longer pop up to adjust the volume. Still working in the newer firefox versions.

Anyone? This is happening with Twitter videos. I must be the only one who uses Twitter with 52 UXP :--).

Hope the browser can still be updated based on the latest news but this break probably never will be fixed unless Roy can take a look at it.

I don't use Twitter at all.

Anything and everything "Facebook" and "Twitter" is blocked by my uMatrix setup.

Until just a month or two ago, "YouTube" was treated the same way - I only allow it because EVERYBODY here uses YouTube as theee "test" for whether or not their browser "works".

Don't you have to have an "account" to even view Twitter?

4 hours ago, sparty411 said:

I was waiting for someone to share this here lol

They don't think too highly of Tobin :--). I had to laugh at some of his posts, he bullies constantly then someone said something nasty back and he acted like an innocent victim. There must be a psychological term for that. Whatever his skills in coding he would drag any organization down as a pr nightmare just as he's doing to pale moon.

I'm not able to test some UXP 52's and 55's at the moment (none installed).

But I'd bet "dollars to doughnuts" that if you downgraded to an "older" version then your Twitter will work just fine.

I had that way too many times to count with NM27 and NM28 - the "weekly" updates causing more harm than good (just my opinion, I still value the project!).

At least until a "workaround" or a Roytam "fix" comes along.