My Browser Builds (Part 3)

3 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I also had to clear my cache.  Once I was in Mobile Mode, the Desktop Mode link would take me to the Mobile Mode.

Nothing wrong with your browsers..If u use mobile mode.. u cant use desktop mode even u try the normal youtube.com... to come back to desktop mode enter the link of desktop mode...

7 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

those wont work to download. But like @Skorpios mentioned earlier it "offical" site (https://www.mypal-browser.org/release/) is all but sourcecode luckily, but wonder how long until tobin and other ddos or contact vps to shut it down so backup while can. I downloaded copy with WGET to my system. Likely wont host mirror of them online to avoid DDOS/Being hacked or ending to other trobles but got backup of ALL files to personal use. Tobin need come take my cd disks to get rid of them:buehehe:. Never though would need see this much effort to preserve FOSS project. This year been horrible to open source community and showed it bad side

Edited by Mr.Scienceman2000

On 9/1/2021 at 11:06 PM, roytam1 said:

neither here nor blogger. maybe somewhere else.

Ah, okay...so you'll be 'setting up shop' at another website. If you can DM me and others, or provide basic instructions here on where to find and obtain your future binaries, I'll definitely be grateful.
And no worries--I'll keep it 'hush-hush'.

On 9/1/2021 at 12:28 PM, henry18th said:

cmccaff1

Thanks very much for your input and help for the recommendations for NM 27 and 28!!!

You're very welcome! NM28 is more convenient because it has everything you need built-in. NM27 you have to configure a bit (lav DLLs and such), but once you've got it up and running it is nice and fast. NM28 isn't much slower than NM27 on my Pentium D...in fact, it runs very well (especially when I keep JavaScript and animated images turned off). The choice is yours, and on your hardware NM28 should be fine! NM27 is a great choice for older machines, though.

6 minutes ago, cmccaff1 said:

NM28 is more convenient because it has everything you need built-in. NM27 you have to configure a bit (lav DLLs and such), but once you've got it up and running it is nice and fast. NM28 isn't much slower than NM27 on my Pentium D...in fact, it runs very well (especially when I keep JavaScript and animated images turned off). The choice is yours, and on your hardware NM28 should be fine! NM27 is a great choice for older machines, though.

I got NM28 on 478 socket 2.80ghz Pentium 4 and have no issues with it unless go to soyware sites without blocking JS. Well dunno if it is different on Pentium 3 but for me Pentium 3 is win95-2000 and Pentium 4 to 98 or XP because had no XP until I got new hw long ago

29 minutes ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

I got NM28 on 478 socket 2.80ghz Pentium 4 and have no issues with it unless go to soyware sites without blocking JS. Well dunno if it is different on Pentium 3 but for me Pentium 3 is win95-2000 and Pentium 4 to 98 or XP

Same here, pretty much! I tried antivirus software for a while, but haven't used an antivirus in years because most of them eat up CPU and RAM like it's going out of style & because I'm not too fond of having to get permission from one program to run another program. So I've been taking my chances since then, and in my lifetime it has only happened ONCE that a virus from a spyware site wiped out my OS, way back in 2010 (when I was a lot younger and dumber than I am today).
On older machines with 512MB of RAM or less Opera 12.18 used to be the king, but now I think NM27 has stripped it of the crown (because Presto Opera is losing compatibility with many modern sites--while most still work well, it has issues displaying many others [including this very forum]).
Based on my own experiences, this is as good as I can make a recommendation: for machines with 512MB of RAM or less and/or a processor that doesn't have SSE, go with NM27. If you have more than 512MB of RAM and/or a processor with SSE, go with NM28.
In both cases, the more you can keep JS/animated images turned off, the better your overall browsing experience will be.

@cmccaff1

To come back to the question about search engine extensions...

Actually, why do people need extra extensions for their search engines? Isn't the Opensearch standard a good solution? That way, you can even add current search engines to the old Netscape browser of 2008. Startpage and Duckduckgo support it, Mojeek too and many more sites.

To look for an Opensearch plugin, have a look at the search bar (at the upper right corner of the old Firefox compatible browsers). The second-to-last item is "Add", if there is an Opensearch plugin available. That works in Pale Moon too. But! For some sites, you have to check for the Opensearch plugin at their home page. For some sites, you have to do a search and check for the plugin afterwards.

2 minutes ago, Gansangriff said:

@cmccaff1

To come back to the question about search engine extensions...

Actually, why do people need extra extensions for their search engines? Isn't the Opensearch standard a good solution? That way, you can even add current search engines to the old Netscape browser of 2008. Startpage and Duckduckgo support it, Mojeek too and many more sites.

that is very good question. I do not like idea of needing extension to every search engine since one can add other nastiness to browser. Also makes it harder to add custom search engines

3 hours ago, cmccaff1 said:

Ah, okay...so you'll be 'setting up shop' at another website. If you can DM me and others, or provide basic instructions here on where to find and obtain your future binaries, I'll definitely be grateful.
And no worries--I'll keep it 'hush-hush'.

everything are in the initial post of this thread.

5 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

those wont work to download. But like @Skorpios mentioned earlier it "offical" site (https://www.mypal-browser.org/release/) is all but sourcecode luckily, but wonder how long until tobin and other ddos or contact vps to shut it down so backup while can. I downloaded copy with WGET to my system. Likely wont host mirror of them online to avoid DDOS/Being hacked or ending to other trobles but got backup of ALL files to personal use. Tobin need come take my cd disks to get rid of them:buehehe:. Never though would need see this much effort to preserve FOSS project. This year been horrible to open source community and showed it bad side

those wont work to download.

Yeah, I see now (didn't check yesterday...). Sorry.

These are downloadable:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210901082440/https://www.mypal-browser.org/release/?C=M%3BO%3DD

This year been horrible to open source community and showed it bad side

You mean the youtube-dl project that got hit by the RIAA?

Their repo got reinstated with help of the EFF, but at the moment they're not doing very well again, because there hasn't been an update since 2021-06-06...

Luckily there's the yt-dlp fork, which is actively maintained.

Edited by nicolaasjan

13 minutes ago, nicolaasjan said:

You mean the youtube-dl project that got hit by the RIAA?

There repo got reinstated with help of the EFF, but at the moment they're not doing very well again, because there hasn't been an update since 2021-06-06...

Luckily there's the yt-dlp fork, which is actively maintained.

mean that and audacity. They were bought out and new company added telemetry to it. First version of their privacy policy before was polished after storm from users caused me lose trust on them
. Adding Mypal vs Palemoon just made it worse year. Also could add Signal mobilecoin intergration and failing publish server source code to list of bad thing happening open source.