My Browser Builds (Part 3)

Hi

I have a problem on absolutely all internet browsers Roytam1 uxp from Newmoon 27-28 to Serpent 52-55 . iceape, Newmoon 27, as well as Firefox 52.9 don't even display the  " crowdbunker.com " website, there is only a blank page. It is not possible to play videos hosted on the " crowdbunker.com " feed  from Newmoon 28 and Serpent 52-55, except the youtube link videos that work. The video player is active, but refuses to play the video stream. Example: here " https://crowdbunker.com/v/rHMXI57ydPo " this website has a particularity, it is the freedom of expression. Strangely, I'm having no trouble viewing the crowdbunker.com videos on the chinese browser "360 extreme explorer build V2 refurbished by "ArcticFoxie"  :blink:

The crowdbunker website works perfectly on Windows 10 with the Edge browser.

Is there a solution to this problem for Roytam1 web browsers ?

1 hour ago, IXOYE said:

Hi

I have a problem on absolutely all internet browsers Roytam1 uxp from Newmoon 27-28 to Serpent 52-55 . iceape, Newmoon 27, as well as Firefox 52.9 don't even display the  " crowdbunker.com " website, there is only a blank page. It is not possible to play videos hosted on the " crowdbunker.com " feed  from Newmoon 28 and Serpent 52-55, except the youtube link videos that work. The video player is active, but refuses to play the video stream. Example: here " https://crowdbunker.com/v/rHMXI57ydPo " this website has a particularity, it is the freedom of expression. Strangely, I'm having no trouble viewing the crowdbunker.com videos on the chinese browser "360 extreme explorer build V2 refurbished by "ArcticFoxie"  :blink:

The crowdbunker website works perfectly on Windows 10 with the Edge browser.

Is there a solution to this problem for Roytam1 web browsers ?

the site has some UXP unfriendly CORS headers:

20:54:13.153 Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://eu-west.video-cdn.crowdbunker.com/cb-medias2/videos/01F9FMBT2PB72YBXCPKTYMCFCH/240p-133. (Reason: missing token ‘range’ in CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Headers’ from CORS preflight channel). 1 (unknown)

Since you folks are practically using (different) WIP development snapshots of the software, that could be the reason for something breaking for someone, but not the other person.

7 hours ago, IXOYE said:

this website has a particularity, it is the freedom of expression.

... Freedom of expression? My... behind! :realmad: (pardon my French :P ... Pun intended, as OPer is from France ;) ).

Loading the linked URI in latest Serpent 52.9.0 32-bit, I'm seeing the following:

vNlYup6.jpg

ShadowRoot is part of Google Chrome's WebComponents framework... :realmad:

M4xv4VD.jpg

Shaka Player is a Google-owned web player framework, in the posted screengrab it's looking for EME (Encrypted Media Extensions), i.e. DRM support (aka WidevineCDM, another Google "asset" :realmad: ) in the browser... :angry:

Finally, apart from the CORS issue spotted by @roytam1 , the site produces two more errors:

NxKPbu8.jpg

To sum up, this is yet another site coded in a way to cater exclusively to latest Chrome and variants :realmad: ; I wouldn't call this "freedom", would you? (at least where user freedom to choose a browser is concerned... :( ); in the same vein, citing that 360EE and (Chr)Edge can handle the site/web player fine is a redundant thing to say; the web of 2021 revolves solely around Chrome, period... :angry:

Edited by VistaLover

15 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

No problem!

I just googled "detectportal.palemoon.org" (4 results).

[Edit]

I just noticed that network.captive-portal-service.enabled is already set to false by default in New Moon 28.

Hi all..

Sorry I've been MIA - Just a lot going on in real life. Sorry :(

Actually, in Serpent its default it set to "True" - so I toggled it.

Thanks!

I found that the reason BBC World Service wouldn't play was because I had disabled media.autoplay.enabled to prevent an assault of advertisements.

Does Roytam do any development on New Moon, adding useful functions, or only transplants patches that others have made?

This morning i woke up to a nasty surprise.

I usually check my web-based mail at www.abv.bg with my morning coffee. Then check the weather, news, etc. on that page. This is my primary source for local news.

Starting today all info-blocks on the page stay gray and never load. I tested NM27/28, Serpent52, Firefox48, K-Meleon, Chrome34...

None of the browsers i can run here manage to load that page properly!

I also tried (on another system) the Firefox ESR 78 from this archive - it had the same issue.

Curiously, at work it loaded fine in Waterfox Classic - i thought they were using older engine?!

I already reported this through the feedback form of the site, but i don't hold my breath.

Is there anything i could do locally to make it load fully? At least in Serpent52 (this seems to be the most advanced engine i can run)?

P.S.

To clarify - i can login and access my mail (for now). The issue is with the news on the main page.

Edited by RainyShadow
P.S.

6 hours ago, RainyShadow said:

This morning i woke up to a nasty surprise.

I usually check my web-based mail at www.abv.bg with my morning coffee. Then check the weather, news, etc. on that page. This is my primary source for local news.

Starting today all info-blocks on the page stay gray and never load. I tested NM27/28, Serpent52, Firefox48, K-Meleon, Chrome34...

None of the browsers i can run here manage to load that page properly!

I also tried (on another system) the Firefox ESR 78 from this archive - it had the same issue.

Curiously, at work it loaded fine in Waterfox Classic - i thought they were using older engine?!

I already reported this through the feedback form of the site, but i don't hold my breath.

Is there anything i could do locally to make it load fully? At least in Serpent52 (this seems to be the most advanced engine i can run)?

P.S.

To clarify - i can login and access my mail (for now). The issue is with the news on the main page.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hi there..

Content is loading for me here on Serpent 52?

The only parts that won't (I assumed) is because of what I have blocked.

7 hours ago, RainyShadow said:

As i expected... They replied with generic instructions about how to clear the cache+cookies and enable Javascript in the fricken INTERNET EXPLODER 11 ! And to use the latest version of my prefered browsers!

I had included a screenshot of NM28 + Serpent52 with the homepage loaded and the about boxes of both browsers on top, where the build date is clearly visible...

Best part - i actually tested with IE11 and it too failed to load the page...

I also found out, that composing a new message don't work in NM27 - the message body field stays blank. But at least it worked in Serpent52.

[edit1]

@XPerceniol

Thanks!

Time for me to test a clean profile, i guess...

[edit2]

Nope, it didn't work.

And now i remember testing earlier on the first start of Serpent52 on another system running Win10 - same result.

yRmPEIO.png

@XPerceniol, which build of Serpent52 do you use there?

Edited by RainyShadow

@RainyShadow This all appears to be IP related ... :huh:

I am posting now from my 360EEv11 profile (fork of Chromium 69), on my Vista SP2 x86 laptop, and when loading 
https://www.abv.bg
from my (default) Greek IP, or from a UK IP (via a "VPN" extension), I get exactly what you get: 

lLmUnA5.jpg

But when accessing your URL from a US (or Dutch) IP (via the Browsec "VPN" extension), I get the expected result: 

ZQKJhdz.jpg

So I guess that is why @XPerceniol can load OK that homepage, being in the US himself... :)

The plot thickens... :dubbio:

Edited by VistaLover

@VistaLover

I just noticed something along these lines too.

I tried accessing the page through Edge on that Win10 system - one would expect it to support the newest websites.

To my surprise it failed too.

Then i enabled mobile data and the hotspot on my phone, connected the Win10 to it and reloaded the page - all loaded fine :crazy:

Regional website working on one national ISP and failing on another - WTF?!

Still, i prefer this cause instead of the fail being caused by a website upgrade.

Thank you both @VistaLover and @XPerceniol for the help!