My Browser Builds (Part 3)

New regular/weekly KM-Goanna release:
https://o.rthost.win/kmeleon/KM76.4.3-Goanna-20210522.7z

Changelog:

Out-of-tree changes:
* update Goanna3 to git 963b86a51...1e24b22ef:
- import changes from `dev' branch of rmottola/Arctic-Fox:
 - Bug 1166504 - Make nsMultiplexInputStream cloneable. r=bkelly,froydnj (e3410f3a9)
 - Bug 1161240 - Make sure that NS_CloneInputStream correctly deals with null input; r=froydnj (b8afd03ec)
 - Bug 1059081 - Fix non-unified bustage. a=bustage (135927526)
 - Bug 1059081 - More non-unified bustage fixage. (d8fd4ad65)
 - Bug 1059081 - Add a threadsafe wrapper for persistent nsMultiplexStream queues. r=nfroyd (1060af97f)
 - Bug 1163029 - Use NamedDecl::getName instead of expensive NamedDecl::getNameAsString. r=ehsan (97a8a32a6)
 - Bug 1156084 - Disallow AddRef() and Release() calls on the return value of methods returning XPCOM objects; r=jrmuizel (96f6567c8) (8aa25c2df)
- import changes from `dev' branch of rmottola/Arctic-Fox:
 - Bug 1163861 - Pass window IDs in nsILoadInfo (r=ckerschb) (4cd150a88)
 - fix of extra of Bug 1137287 - Part 2: (69fbdfbe0)
 - Bug 1159280 - TSan: data race netwerk/protocol/websocket/WebSocketChannel.cpp:3156 WebSocketChannel::Close, r=mcmanus (306796e71)
 - resources in browser, not global (f55b0a903)
 - Bug 1163268 - Remove UI options for recording with memory and jit optimizations. r=vp (56e82c90a)
 - Bug 1163384 - Add 'devtools-toolbarbutton' class to performance tool buttons to make them correct themed on Linux. r=jsantell (c3ce44795)
 - Bug 1141313 - Reenable several disabled performance tool tests that are now resolved. r=vp (3585f6bc1)
 - Bug 1146239 - Show the recording as loading in the performance sidebar after it has stopped; r=jsantell (4ee8200ea)
 - Bug 1146239 - Show the recording as loading in the performance details pane after it has stopped; r=jsantell (137a5f810)
 - Bug 1160313 - Remove temporary retro-mode for performance tools. r=vp (0131c940d)
 - Bug 1164281 - Make a new pref devtools.performance.ui.experimental enabled on nightly to show experimental options. r=vp (1a3f90404)
 - Bug 1162583 - Disable realtime rendering in performance tools when e10s is not on. r=vp (8f138f0dc) (8ed22681d)
- remove nsINetUtil_ESR_38, fixup and import changes from `dev' branch of rmottola/Arctic-Fox:
 - Bug 1150366 - Remove duplicate d3.js. r=jsantell (71f991da6)
 - Bug 1175352 - Refactor LoadInfo arguments to be more self contained (r=bent) (3f7d08164)
 - Bug 1181533 - Add nsCRTGlue.h and prtime.h includes to nsDownloadManager.cpp to fix --disable-safe-browsing build bustage. r=froydnj (af338edf1)
 - Bug 905127 - Part 1 - Make some functions from nsNetUtil not inline. r=jduell Bug 905127 - Part 2 - remove unnecessary nsNetUtil.h includes r=jduell Bug 905127 - Make some functions from nsNetUtil not inline. r=jduell (bc47d5b3a)
 - Bug 1117650 - Part 1: Move all CORS tests into dom/security/test. r=sicking (6f727387c)
 - Bug 1117650 - Part 2: Move all MixedContent tests into dom/security/test. r=tanvi (73f273829)
 - Bug 1004703 - ignore 'unsafe-inline' if nonce- or hash-source specifed - tests (r=sstamm) (ebf411159)
 - Bug 921493 - CSP: test whitelisting of scheme-relative sources (r=dveditz) (f0618b189)
 - Bug 1139569 - Optimize update function for element editors in markup view;r=mratcliffe (c60d38dca)
 - Partil of Bug 1139644 - Make markupview use sdk timers instead of individual timers for each window;r=pbrosset (8bc1a4d66)
 - Bug 1146568 - Avoid unsafe CPOW usage warnings in browser_markupview_tag_edit_08.js; r=bgrins Making use of the devtools test frame-script to set the test node's attributes instead of using a CPOW. (61d7eed64)
 - Bug 1146568 - Avoid unsafe CPOW usage in markupview tests, in assertAttributes helper; r=bgrins (efc492d5d)
 - Bug 858038 - Allow moving elements in the markupview by drag/drop; r=pbrosset (51d79c15c)
 - Bug 1139644 - Flash only relevant attributes in markup view when changed;r=pbrosset (29807fa46)
 - Bug 1147128 - Make sure attribute shows up in markup view after removing and setting to the previous value;r=mratcliffe (1947f7417)
 - Bug 1147325 - Clear box model timer on markup view destroy. r=pbrosset Prevents 'this._inspector.toolbox is null' spam in mochitest-dt (1d6808b4a)
 - Bug 921102 - 1 - Linkify URIs in the inspector; r=tromey, miker This first part adds a parser for node attributes which, given some node information and an attribute name, generates a small AST-like array of objects that tells which parts of the attribute (if any) are links, and what they link to. Using this, the markup-view generates the right HTML structure to display these parts as links. This part 1 doesn't yet allow users to follow these links. (c500e270e)
 - Bug 1139667 - CSP tests for fetch(). r=ckirschb (df030457f)
 - Bug 1086999 - CSP: Asterisk (*) wildcard should not allow blob:, data:, or filesystem: when matching source expressions - tests (r=sstamm) (dee0f2239)
 - Bug 1117650 - Part 3: Move all CSP tests into dom/security/test. r=sstamm (29c95475c)
 - Bug 1146566 - 1 - Use devtools common frame-script in markupview tests and add helper; r=bgrins (b10e42468)
 - Bug 1146566 - 2 - Avoid using CPOWs in test browser_markupview_tag_edit_03.js; r=bgrins This change updates the browser_markupview_tag_edit_03.js test by making use of the getDomElementInfo message listener to retrieve information about the tested nodes without having to go through CPOWs. (07f0ee3ff)
 - Bug 1036324 - Adds option to walker.parents() to not traverse DocShellTreeItems of different types (24123a5d2)
 - Bug 921102 - 2 - Markup-view tests for attribute links; r=miker (f6da81799)
 - Bug 901250 - Add scroll into view menu item for the inspector. r=bgrins (bfc7518b1)
 - Bug 994055 - Part 1: Add a toggle sidebar panel button to the inspector. r=miker This adds a new icon, next to the searchbox (like in the debugger) to expand or collapse the sidebar panel in the inspector. The state is *not* persisted yet when the toolbox is closed. The button is hidden when the toolbox host switches to 'side'. (87730e20a)
 - Bug 994055 - Part 2: Add tests for the inspector sidebar toggle button. r=miker (2872c3fbd)
 - Bug 921102 - 3 - Open/copy markup-view attribute links; r=bgrins This part adds contextual menu items that become enabled when the user right clicks on an attribute that has a link. Depending on the nature of the link, a new tab will be opened or a node selected. The user can also choose to copy the link in the clipboard. (9b93485f6)
 - Bug 921102 - 4 - Tests for the open/copy links on markup-view attributes; r=bgrins (861ba51f6) (1e24b22ef)

* Notice: the changelog above may not always applicable to XULRunner code which K-Meleon uses.

A goanna3 source tree that has kmeleon adaption patch applied is available here: https://github.com/roytam1/palemoon27/tree/kmeleon76

3 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

I tried installing the ABprime extension:

https://interlink-addons.binaryoutcast.com/addon/abprime/

in MailNews.
It installs but I don't display any options:

100.jpg

Does this happen to you?

(offtopic)

I don't have MailNews, so I can't answer that unfortunately.

But you might consider using Notepad++ for viewing/editing complex text files, like source code.

Version 7.9.2 is the last version that runs on Windows XP.

Comes with Italian language file as well. :yes::

spacer.png

3 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

(offtopic)

I don't have MailNews, so I can't answer that unfortunately.

But you might consider using Notepad++ for viewing/editing complex text files, like source code.

Version 7.9.2 is the last version that runs on Windows XP.

Comes with Italian language file as well. :yes::

spacer.png

Thank you for this information of yours.
I am used to viewing code with Notepad.exe.:yes:

Also, it will seem strange, but Notepad++ increases, at least statistically, the attack surface.
Only one vulnerability with remote code execution is known:

https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-20673/year-2019/opec-1/Notepad-plus-plus.html

Although the (patched) vulnerability has an extremely limited target, and will never affect our OS, the bugs history tells us that there is the probability of other unknown and not discovered vulnerabilities always present in all softwares.

:hello:

P.S. My Notepad.exe is under the protection of MBAE.

DEP is enabled:

100.jpg

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

1 hour ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Also, it will seem strange, but Notepad++ increases, at least statistically, the attack surface.
Only one vulnerability with remote code execution is known:

https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-20673/year-2019/opec-1/Notepad-plus-plus.html

In my my case this is not of any concern, because Windows XP is a Virtual Machine, with only read access to a shared folder on a Linux partition.

In case something goes terribly wrong, I just replace it with a backup.

the bugs history tells us that there is the probability of other unknown and not discovered vulnerabilities always present in all softwares.

This is nothing compared to the vulnerabilities in Windows XP itself. ;)

I am used to viewing code with Notepad.exe.:yes:

I've tried that, but it only gave me a headache, haha.

Edited by nicolaasjan

26 minutes ago, nicolaasjan said:

This is nothing compared to the vulnerabilities in Windows XP itself. ;)

I disagree.
Every vulnerability in my installed softwares known with remote code execution has been taken in examination, when not patched, and therefore submitted, when possible, to more mitigation and/or protection interventions.
This protection then includes any undiscovered vulnerabilities.
Even system vulnerabilities are no longer attackable by modern malware today.
It does not have the ability to act in a Windows XP OS, because it targets more modern OS and especially x64.

But unfortunately this discussion is OT in this thread, please do not continue because I will not answer further.

I apologize to the author of the thread, the moderators, and all MSFN members for this OT.:(

:hello:

4 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

I apologize to the author of the thread, the moderators, and all MSFN members for this OT.:(

I personally disagree with this sentiment.

We are a like-minded community with a common interest.

We are allowed to stray every once in a while, who freakin' cares, go off-topic AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE as far as I'm concerned.

Within reason, of course, let's not throw politics in the mix, so to speak, but come on, who freakin' cares about so-called off-topic setting in once in a while!

I actually sometimes feel like I'm talking to a Holy Roller thumping his Bible at me whenver somebody feels they have to proclaim such an "apology" for going "off-topic".

But I digress...  And, um, "apolgies for going off-topic"...

1 hour ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I actually sometimes feel like I'm talking to a Holy Roller thumping his Bible at me whenver somebody feels they have to proclaim such an "apology" for going "off-topic".

Everybody is searching for the truth... and it turns out it's the world's biggest racket.

Hi

I've been dreaming of something like this for a long time: a plugin that integrates the internet wayback machine in my browser

the add-on is corrupted with Serpent 52 and 55, is there a way to install it? :blink:

it works with Firefox 52.9...

add-on wayback machine

Not sure if this will help or not but I know i've used this method in the past for those types of issues.

I only use "portable" browsers and I've had success, in your case, of using a portable Firefox 52.9, installing the add-on, then over-writing the portable's "bin" folder with the "bin" for Serpent 52 or 55.

TONS of my addons are labeled as "not compatible" according to Serpent 52 or 55 but they WORK anyway, just has the "not compatible" message in the addons page.

Dear @IXOYE

vandal-1.1.0-fx.xpi is yet another Firefox-targeting Web Extension that will not install on Serpent, because it's a type of WE called an "id-less" one... I have in the past, over many occasions, explained ad nauseam the "why" and "how-to" install such WEs on Serpent...

https://msfn.org/board/search/?&q=id-less&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

For a more technical analysis on the "why",

https://msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my-browser-builds-part-1/page/147/?tab=comments#comment-1164701

For a more "practical" read, 

https://msfn.org/board/topic/177125-my-browser-builds-part-1/page/100/?tab=comments#comment-1159013

https://msfn.org/board/topic/180462-my-browser-builds-part-2/page/133/?tab=comments#comment-1189182

perhaps could be of help...

Bottom line is, you have to edit the extension's manifest.json file so as to add a gecko-id block; repackage and then it'll install in St52...
St52 != FxESR 52.9.0, especially with regards to WE APIs, so installing in St52 won't guarantee perfect functioning...

And, please, DO NOT follow the advice given by my friend @ArcticFoxie :whistle:; transplanting a Fx profile onto St52 (or, worse, to St55) is a sure recipe for profile corruption, often times beyond repair!  People, for the millionth time since I've been a member of this community, FIREFOX 52.9.x and SERPENT 52.9.0 are two different applications that have diverged so much over time, that their profiles are NOT INTERCHANGEABLE anymore (without risk of data corruption); just don't do it! Always start with a fresh St52 profile and only transfer vital parts such as bookmarks and, where applicable, passwords... Re-install crucial extensions as needed...

5 hours ago, IXOYE said:

Hi

I've been dreaming of something like this for a long time: a plugin that integrates the internet wayback machine in my browser

the add-on is corrupted with Serpent 52 and 55, is there a way to install it? :blink:

it works with Firefox 52.9...

add-on wayback machine

Resurrect-pages-3 at https://github.com/veo/Firefox-addons worls fine

12 hours ago, IXOYE said:

Not exactly what you're looking for, but you can make a bookmarklet like this:

Name: "Wayback Archive"

javascript:void(window.open('https://web.archive.org/web/*/'+location.href));

(will work in any browser)

Try for example with:

https://www.ghacks.net/

Edited by nicolaasjan