can i change change my product key from windows 10 pro N to window 10 pro?

m1ck300668

does anyone know if this possible?  I have a fully Which I BOUGHT FROM  MY LOCAL shop for £75 legal copy  OEM  DVD WIN PRO 10 64 BIT ENG INTL 1PK DSP OEI DVD VERSION 1909. I don't mind paying for a new serial key?. thank you.could get another one 

Edited by m1ck300668

N editions and typical System Builder (OEI DSP, which is in the retail channel) are not in the same channel and the keys are not compatible with each other. There is no shared upgrade path between the two editions.

You will need to buy the media kit and will need to reinstall the OS entirely.

But, what is the kit number on your existing media pack? Because the name you put in bold does not look to be for an N edition, but we can know for sure with the part number. This is the "End Item PN" above the first barcode on the pack.

5 hours ago, m1ck300668 said:

ok here goes iI hope i`ve got his right End Item PN FQC- 08929 if I have to do a reinstall from scratch i  don't mind because i have a separate 5 tb ~(i know that's over kill) hard drive which i keep everything backed up on everything is freely available on the net.

Edited by m1ck300668

OK that part number matches what you put in the first post. If your computer has an N license/OS on it now, the key from the SBK probably isn't going to work. You can attempt to change the product key in the OS and/or even trying to activate it but knowing a couple things:
- The OS installed may or may not access the new key but beyond that, it may not have the additional stuff inside of the OS to change to Pro.
- If it happens to take the key and does actually activate but doesn't change the edition (or worse, changes winver but not the actual features) then you might need to use the telephone activation when you reinstall using the SBK.

I have not had to deal with N, at least in this type of scenario, there is no production or support scenario where changing a product key to change editions is viable. So I do not know whether or not N would accept the key or not. My gut tells me that the OS would just say the key is wrong.

No such thing as overkill for backup drives, sometimes it is just what happens to be available. For my main computer which has maybe 400 GB total space among 4 HDDs, I have a 4 TB backup drive. Why so big? Well it is simple, I went to the store to buy a USB HDD for backup and that was the size for the cheapest one. :)

N edition installation image lacks media player files so and in place upgrade will likely erase your settings only (Windows 10 allows install over existing one from dvd) but key is different on N and normal editions. What do you need on normal windows 10 pro? If media features you can use Windows Media feature pack for N editions of Windows. That adds same features.