extended kernel compatibility with server 2008 updates? (Part 1)

legacyfan

this post has now been retired and has now been remade in a newer post if you still need to talk about this please go to the new post all post that are here are for reference only

Edited by legacyfan
fixed spelling

• legacyfan changed the title to what is the best way to install all the server 2008 updates without breaking the extended kernel compatibility?

I'd gladly help you , but I don't use updates. Though, I know the answer to the second part . I know how to install this kernel using just one important update from 2018 and not breaking the compatibility . By the way , ALL updates will include spectre and meltdown patches which definitely will take 15% off your notebook's speed , if not more. On a side note , it's a ton of updates' fans here , I'm curious why they aren't helping you. Maybe they will , later , let's hope.

• legacyfan changed the title to what is the best way to install all the server 2008 updates without breaking the extended kernel compatibility? (Vistapocalypse approved!)
  • legacyfan changed the title to what is the best way to install all the server 2008 updates without breaking the extended kernel compatibility?
  • legacyfan changed the title to what is the best way to install all the server 2008 updates without breaking the extended kernel?
  • legacyfan changed the title to extended kernel compatibility with server 2008 updates?
  • legacyfan changed the title to extended kernel compatibility with server 2008 updates? (1 year anniversary revival post)
2 hours ago, legacyfan said:

ive decided to revive this thread as it might be usefully for any younger members here that might need help with getting the extended working

You should have allowed this old thread to rest in peace. Things have changed since April 2021: I no longer use Vista, Dixel is no longer active at MSFN, and TSNH posted Guide - Vista extended kernel installation which might be perfect for those “younger members” that you are concerned about. I already mentioned that in your new thread earlier today, and this will be my final post in this thread!

• legacyfan changed the title to extended kernel compatibility with server 2008 updates? (Part 1)