how to speed up a slow laptop (or any computer) with vista? (laptop specs included)

legacyfan

23 minutes ago, legacyfan said:

as I have moved on to a faster better desktop. I would like to thank everyone that helped me here with my problem its much appreciated

Was it really needed to revive a 2 years old topic? You seem to be reviving old topics often.

Edited by mina7601

3 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Was it really needed to revive a 2 years old topic? You seem to be reviving old topics often.

I never actually said if the issue was solved or not (which left it confusing)

Forum Rule #9 -

9. Do not bash old topics when a member has made it active again; it's been made active for a good reason: to answer an unanswered question, or to bring up new information. It does not need to be closed or deleted.

I'm not really a "fan" of old topics being made new again, but there is nothing coherently "wrong" with making old topics active again.

• legacyfan changed the title to how to speed up a slow laptop (or any computer) with vista? (laptop specs included)

This whole stuff is nonsensical.

Legacyfan (that at the time was called VistaEx) started a new topic on "nothing", then posted that it was solved, then edited the post removing that piece of info, then asked the topic to be pinned, then one year later changed the title of the topic, then 2 years later, re-edited the first post and revived the thread to re-post the info that the whatever issue it was he didn't care anymore about it as he now has a newer PC and changed again the title of the topic.

All this on a topic that is in practice missing any useful info for other members and very likely also for legacyfan.

The general idea of rule #9 is that there should be a (new) answer to an unanswered question or new (meaningful) information.

Of course legacyfan is perfectly free to post, re-post, edit and change titles, the doubt is whether it is smart  or useful to the community.

jaclaz

Agreed.

I myself dislike old threads being "hoarded" on the server and revived later.  But it would be a full time job to keep track of which ones should stay and which ones should go and which one was just revived with "nothing".

It's all over the place here at MSFN.

Here's one to kind of laugh at  --  https://msfn.org/board/topic/66361-what-not-to-remove-for-some-programs/page/13/

1 month between consecutive posts.

Then 2 weeks.

Then 4 weeks.

Then 1 month.

Then 5 months.

Then 1 year.

Then 1 year.

Then 1 year.

Then 3 years.

And that's just on Page 13.

But who is to say that this nLite topic is no longer useful to new arrivals?

Here's one with a 2 month gap, a 7 month gap, another 2 month gap, a 1 year gap, then a 3 year gap  --  https://msfn.org/board/topic/24563-what-is-wihu/

Granted, those are some VERY OLD posts.  I didn't want to hunt all day to find if one or two MSFN Members are reviving old posts.  All I did was a Google "site:msfn.org" search for "1yr later".

8 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Agreed.

I myself dislike old threads being "hoarded" on the server and revived later.  But it would be a full time job to keep track of which ones should stay and which ones should go and which one was just revived with "nothing".

It's all over the place here at MSFN.

Here's one to kind of laugh at  --  https://msfn.org/board/topic/66361-what-not-to-remove-for-some-programs/page/13/

1 month between consecutive posts.

Then 2 weeks.

Then 4 weeks.

Then 1 month.

Then 5 months.

Then 1 year.

Then 1 year.

Then 1 year.

Then 3 years.

And that's just on Page 13.

But who is to say that this nLite topic is no longer useful to new arrivals?

Here's one with a 2 month gap, a 7 month gap, another 2 month gap, a 1 year gap, then a 3 year gap  --  https://msfn.org/board/topic/24563-what-is-wihu/

Granted, those are some VERY OLD posts.  I didn't want to hunt all day to find if one or two MSFN Members are reviving old posts.  All I did was a Google "site:msfn.org" search for "1yr later".

if it is deemed necessary I will request this be locked if it's really needed (I won't do it unless its needed) as the info here is not needed anymore

Edited by legacyfan

6 hours ago, legacyfan said:

if it is deemed necessary I will request this be locked if it's really needed (I won't do it unless its needed) as the info here is not needed anymore

Why? So, when you and your girlfriend write off-topic nasty crap about me, all is "fine", and when other people point to the whole nonsensical stuff of yours, you don't like it? lol