Windows 7 Extended Kernel

ItzZaphkiel

When I get full control of my laptop (ideapad gaming  3i 17) i will downgrade to 7, and how 7 is getting old, i think after 3-5 years the programs should stop supporting windows 7, so we will need the extended kernel , but for 7, so i just wanted to say this, the people from msfn should work on extended kernel to windows 7 after i tghink 2 years after this post, i cant help, but i can say this, bye :)!

Edited by Tripredacus
title

• Tripredacus changed the title to Windows 7 Extended Kernel

Today I experienced unexpected thing on windows 7 machine in work. Our proprietary application that we use for security purposes in our company demanded this function: BCryptCreateMultiHash

I hope this thread will become full of these missing functions for someone who will in future make extended kernel. By the way the app works just fine on windows 8.1 but does not work on windows 8.0

Edit: I know that this function is also missing in vanilla windows 7: SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext

Missing functions:

BCryptCreateMultiHash - Bcrypt.dll

SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext - user32.dll

Edited by Jaguarek62

Always thought this day was long from now. Sad to see functions now not existing in 7 :(

Anyway, 8.1 is NT 6.3 so I wouldn't expect them to be that hard to backport, but could pose challenges with NT 6.2 not having it.

• Tripredacus changed the title to Windows 7 Extended Kernel
56 minutes ago, Tripredacus said:

We do not need more than one thread created for this.

I’m sorry but I don’t agree merging these two topics. I wanted clean thread that would later add new missing functions demanded by the apps. Now it is a mess and new comments will make it invisible.

24 minutes ago, Jaguarek62 said:

I’m sorry but I don’t agree merging these two topics. I wanted clean thread that would later add new missing functions demanded by the apps. Now it is a mess and new comments will make it invisible.

I guess that more than invisible, comments might make the topic as visible as the Windows 7 extended kernel in its current status (non-existing). :whistle:

When  (if) someone will ever start writing an extended kernel for 7, I am pretty sure that you (and everyone else) will be able to make requests/post lists of missing functions. :yes:

jaclaz

• 3 months later...