MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. ×

Upgrade from Vista slowed down laptop.

Oh , and why some of you , keep saying he needs to upgrade to 4GB , he already did that and wrote in his fourth post here "We already upgraded the ram to 4gb so it seems to be a little better" , sorry to remind you folks, it's a done deal . But "a little better" is not a good result , don't you agree ? 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Oh , and why some of you , keep saying he needs to upgrade to 4GB , he already did that and wrote in his fourth post here "We already upgraded the ram to 4gb so it seems to be a little better" , sorry to remind you folks, it's a done deal . But "a little better" is not a good result , don't you agree ? 

As a matter of fact, exception made for browsing, that with recent browser and crappy bloated internet sites means senselessly using heaps of memory, the difference between 2 GB and 4 GB (of which as said only 3.2 to 3.5 will likely be visible) won't be very relevant/noticeable, that was the point I was trying to make, and it is confirmed by the "a little better" experienced by OP.

Switching to a SSD should be "more better", i.e. more noticeable.

jaclaz

• Upvote 1

Guys I have to thank every one of you.

I upgraded the ram to 4gb. Replaced old spinning hdd with 500gb ssd samsung 860 evo.

Reinstalled windows 7 but remained at 64bit flavor. GUYS this laptop has never been so fast like it is now. It boots up under 20 seconds. Websites are snappy (well snappy considering this cpu) and for 2-3 tabs in browser it is more than enough.

Before windows 7 I tried vista again on that ssd, but it kept bluescreening with dpc watchdog violation. Mom is happy with 7 though so it is not a problem at all.

Again HUGE thanks to everyone that helped and suggested actually good things.

• Upvote 4