intel has apparently discontinued the graphics card for my laptop (hd graphics 4000 is my graphics card)

legacyfan

i look at their website today and the section for intel hd grahpics 4000 drivers is gone now i don't know what to do i want to continue to use this laptop but i cant if i have no drivers for it my laptop is the e6430 i just found out about this today

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by VistaEX

• legacyfan changed the title to intel has apparently discontinued the graphics card for my laptop (hd graphics 4000 is my graphics card)

Well , that's a damn good reason to get back to Vista ! I will send you the link to get Vista drivers .

For the future , I'm guessing Texas has plenty of shops with affordable external storage solutions , so just buy an external HDD , USB stick or whatever you desire and copy your drivers/files there . Better to have at least two backups. Or just burn them onto a DVD (worst case scenario).

its discontinued for vista also and xp the one driver that worked on both  xp x86 and xp x64 this laptop were both on this download page and were the only 2 driver that work on windows xp

Edited by VistaEX

i have that driver saved on my flash drive already i checked (edit: i found the reason why i cant download drivers for 10 from intel it says now the website is down)

Edited by VistaEX

There are multiple drivers for that GPU on Microsoft Update Catalog/Windows Update, so unless your Windows installation is fubared, one of them should have been installed automatically.

The update procedure can be triggered manually from Device Manager->your graphics card's (display adapter) properties window->Driver tab.

I got new pc and drivers wasnt compatible with old windows 10 (build 1607)

so i changed the ini and remove the signature file and install it in test mode / disable driver signature

and everything is working well