ive decided to leave old versions of windows behind and switch to windows 10 full time

legacyfan

It's just not possible . Windows Vista would be the fastest . XP is too old and simply does miss most of the things needed today : DWM , DX10/11 , HD Audio support , like DTS-HD MA and the such (please forgive me , XP-lovers , I really tried ). Windows 7 is super-duper slow and should be mocked wherever possible , maybe even slower than 8/10 , I agree. Windows 8/8.1 is a mobile OS , so absolutely another story.

18 hours ago, VistaEX said:

ive decided after a lot of thinking and figuring it out that im going to move to windows 10...

Whatever suits you ! I respect you choice , even though I shall not follow your example .

6 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Hmmm. :dubbio:

Those must be "queer" or - to say the least "non conventional" tests ... :whistle:

jaclaz

windows 7 on Core 2 duo vs Windows 10 on Ryzen threadripper test likely like most do. Refer that to many users who had old non maintained core2duo laptop with dying hdd and windows 7 bloated with oem bloat and then bought brand new pc with i7 and nvme ssd and praised how much faster win10 is than win7. Hardware got nothing to do with it of course :buehehe:

Edited by Mr.Scienceman2000

i do plan to still run old versions of windows in a vm  or next to windows 10 still:D (also what is the best way to remove telemetry on windows 10)

Edited by VistaEX

• legacyfan changed the title to ive decided to leave old versions of windows behind and switch to windows 10 full time (edit: never mind im going back to vista)