Windows 98: some programs errors

Joaquim

i installed the VLC 3.0.9.2-win32. when i execute the program i get these error message:

"the vlc.exe file is linked to missing export msvcrt.dll:_fstat64"

but the file is on system folder... so what is the problem?

You need to replace the file off-line from another system or use a startup floppy disc to Del then Copy across or Ren then Copy across or you can just put the renamed Msvcr70 as Msvcrt into the Vlc3 folder where the Vlc.exe is located. Server 2K3_SP2 Msvcrt.dll can be used as a system Msvcrt.dll if a Ntclose is directed to GDI32 DeleteObject. This is the most up to date module that does not impose any problems. To use Server 2k3 Msvcrt you need Dependency Walker too check after using a Hex editor for the redirection of the NtClose.

12 hours ago, Joaquim said:

i installed the VLC 3.0.9.2-win32. when i execute the program i get these error message:

"the vlc.exe file is linked to missing export msvcrt.dll:_fstat64"

but the file is on system folder... so what is the problem?

use latest version of MSVCRT.DLL - 6.10.9848.0.
boot to pure dos mode and replace file manually.
for next installations put new file in win98 folder of distr.

i have installed too the 2.0.0 version, but  can't read the subtitles :(

error message: "VLC don't reconize the entry format.. the formata of file '......srt' cannot be detected. have a look at the log details"

but plays fine.

yes... using MS-DOS, i copy the file.... the VLC 3.0.9.2-win32 seems executed(the window is hide and on taskbar.. but i get an error message when i double click on notification area VLC icon: "this program has perfomed an illegal operation and will be shut down. if the problem persists, contact the program vendor."

Details: "VLC caused an invalid page fault in module libskins2_plugin.dll at 017f:014645e8....."

if i resolve at least the subtitles error, i will be more happy ;)

Edited by Joaquim

You need to use native style only, - no skins, so make sure there is no skin selected in VLC2, (a blank menu entry in tools > preferences > all > interface >main interfaces > skins). Then try re-installing VLC3 see https://msfn.org/board/topic/178000-h265-playback-on-win-98-with-vlc-or-mplayerc/?do=findComment&comment=1157235

Edited by Goodmaneuver

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...