Amd rx 6000 series compatible with 8.1?

Jaguarek62

Greetings,

I've sold my rtx 3060 Ti cause it didn't support windows 8.1 and I was unable to make it work. I'm able to obtain rx 6700 xt. I've found very weird section in amd gpu drivers for windows 7. They include windows 8.1? What exactly is [ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.6.3.3] ??

8.1 nt kernel is only 6.3?

Thanks for any explanation

14 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

But then it should work on 8.1?

Yes, it should, but it's slightly buggy

For example, fullscreening some unity games gave me a yellow screen of death with my 5700XT on 8.1

It is possible to run AMD Radeon "NAVI" Series on Windows 8.x using Windows Server 2012 driver but DirectX Applications's performance leaves much to be desired. Tried to run RX 5700 with Windows Server 2012 R2 but FPS in DirectX games were awful - tested GTA IV and GTA V, Serious Sam Fusion (2017).

7 hours ago, MrMADRYAN said:

It is possible to run AMD Radeon "NAVI" Series on Windows 8.x using Windows Server 2012 driver but DirectX Applications's performance leaves much to be desired. Tried to run RX 5700 with Windows Server 2012 R2 but FPS in DirectX games were awful - tested GTA IV and GTA V, Serious Sam Fusion (2017).

You sure you used the proper driver? There wasn't much difference between 7 and 8 for me

22 hours ago, asdf2345 said:

You sure you used the proper driver? There wasn't much difference between 7 and 8 for me

Yep. Also tried to run Doom (2016) which is an OpenGL-title and there were no difference in FPS between Server 2012 R2 and Windows 10 on the same machine.