GFWM on XP

xp128bit

I installed the GFWL package on my Windows XP because a few games a had needed it (or at least its dll's) the package I installed included the last version of the redist and client. It works fine in games however the marketplace client doesn't. It opens but looks broken and is transparent for some reason, and for some weird reason it doesn't even show to place to type in the password. https://imgur.com/a/1pIpNKD The client definetly supports XP and there is even video evidence of it plus showing what the login is meant to looks like. I assume it needs some patch or hotfix or whatever to work, if so does anyone know?

Edit: the client work fine on windows 7/10 and I am able to login

Edited by xp128bit

10 hours ago, RainyShadow said:

WTF is GFWM (or GFWL)?

This may be helpful. One post there mentions that you need MSN...

It could also be a SSL issue. Do you use ProxHTTPSProxyMII or something similar?

I tried installing msn but didn't change anything, also it says that it only automatically enters your details if you have msn installed

I somewhat figured it out, If I have a windows live id saved it will autofill it allowing me to press the sign in button. The login screen is still glitched but it allows me to log in.

• 3 weeks later...

I solved this, it appears that it had an issue with working in vmware therefore the login screen appeared broken. I tested it and it works fine in both virtualbox and real hardware.