Office 365 - beyond version 2002?

yoltboy01

Hey guys,

I was curious to know if it is possible to install newer Office 365 versions than v2002 (which only receives security updates)? I searched a lot but I couldnt find any topic regarding that question, so does anyone know it it is possible?

1 hour ago, yoltboy01 said:

Hey guys,

I was curious to know if it is possible to install newer Office 365 versions than v2002 (which only receives security updates)? I searched a lot but I couldnt find any topic regarding that question, so does anyone know it it is possible?

I tried by copying office files from a windows 10 install, it's mostly works but i get some problems :

Missing API in kernel32 when opening outlook (replaced "getsystemtimepreciseasfiletime" with "getsystemtimeasfiletime") after it crashes when selecting a email address

Powerpoint cannot open because of an missing api-ms-win-shcore-* file after you copied the file from a windows 8.1 install, it's working perfectly fine

erreur outlook v2011.png

erreur powerpoint v2011.png

Edited by THK2003
adding pictures corrected the text

On 3/16/2021 at 5:56 PM, THK2003 said:

I tried by copying office files from a windows 10 install, it's mostly works but i get some problems :

Missing API in kernel32 when opening outlook (replaced "getsystemtimepreciseasfiletime" with "getsystemtimeasfiletime") after it crashes when selecting a email address

Powerpoint cannot open because of an missing api-ms-win-shcore-* file after you copied the file from a windows 8.1 install, it's working perfectly fine

erreur outlook v2011.png

erreur powerpoint v2011.png

Wow thank you for trying it out! How did you manage to even install never Office 365 versions in Windows 7?  Did you just copy the Office folder from W8+ to Windows 7? Can I use Word without any issues? Are Updates working, or is it still blurred out?

I just copied the office folder from a windows 8.1 install

Yes you can use word without any issues

updates is still blurred, when you try to updating office to the latest version, it's say office is up to date

but the current version 2102 crashes when launching

Edited by THK2003