Unstable framerate

sunryze

I've talked about this before but its never been this bad.

I love the aero theme on Windows 7 and its great, but when im playing games my framerate gets really unstable. More specifically, the game says its running at 60FPS, but in reality it looks like 25. It then keeps bouncing between 30 and 60 back and forth randomly. Is this due to 3 monitors, drivers, or something else? I love Windows 7 and this is the only thing that really pushes me into using Windows 10 again.

GTX 1050 Ti, nvidia 461.72

Edited by Tonny52

On 3/10/2021 at 1:19 AM, Tonny52 said:

GTX 1050 Ti, nvidia 461.72

Hi , why do you need the latest driver ? Your card is like what , 5 y.o. ? It's a well known situation when Nvidia slows down the older gens in favour of the newer ones. I don't know if it's done on purpose or not , but for me it's a fact. I'm still running 344.xx from 2014 and there are no better drivers yet . I've tested almost all available. You'd better use something closer to the release date of you card or up to 1 year of it's production. Also , it's a fairytale about "newest" drivers and whatnot. 

1 hour ago, Dixel said:

Hi , why do you need the latest driver ? Your card is like what , 5 y.o. ? It's a well known situation when Nvidia slows down the older gens in favour of the newer ones. I don't know if it's done on purpose or not , but for me it's a fact. I'm still running 344.xx from 2014 and there are no better drivers yet . I've tested almost all available. You'd better use something closer to the release date of you card or up to 1 year of it's production. Also , it's a fairytale about "newest" drivers and whatnot. 

Well I thought updating it to the latest would help. 

5 hours ago, Tonny52 said:

Well I thought updating it to the latest would help. 

Also if you play any modern game it is the only option. Pubg, COD, Rocket league, cyberpunk heck even GTA V requires at least 360.xx cause the older ones caused black stripes on characters. Having the latest one is necessary for playing modern titles

6 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

Also if you play any modern game it is the only option. Pubg, COD, Rocket league, cyberpunk heck even GTA V requires at least 360.xx cause the older ones caused black stripes on characters. Having the latest one is necessary for playing modern titles

I'll try out a driver from 2016 from when my card came out. Might act better, and I will check if my games comply.

@Tonny52 , what the previous poster wrote is absolutely irrelevant . 

1 - GTA V : You couldn't get such old drivers installed, 'cause they are too old for this card. So why he even mentioned about 36.x.x !?

2 - Cyberpunk 2077 (is this a mockery of some kind ? It's pretty obvious that the card is too weak for this) .

3 - "Having the latest one is necessary for playing modern titles" . No , it's not . See why .

It's a well known thingy - developers from Eastern Europe love to force people to the newest drivers , like in this case . But what do we get in return ?

Cyberpunk 2077 is a buggy , totally unplayable game . So let them "update" their drivers and play themsleves their "games".

4 - I have a good example of a modern game with absolutely outstanding graphics - Iron Harvest. 

It runs on drivers from 2013 - 2014 without any bugs ! 

But these develepors are from Western Europe (Germany). Feel the difference .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Art_Games 

Some links to the sources:

"Investors sue Cyberpunk 2077 developers because game is unplayable":

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/investors-sue-cyberpunk-2077-developer-because-game-is-unplayable/ar-BB1cd85u

You may try driver 382.33 , if you want smth newer - 416.34 , 418.81 are the best from the new , not good as the older ones , of course. (will be slower).

Don't forget to remove telemetry before the installation with Nvidia slimmer . And use DDU to delete the previous drivers in SAFE mode .

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/NVIDIA/NVIDIA-GeForce-Graphics-Driver-382-33.shtml

Edited by Dixel
added links

On 3/12/2021 at 6:55 PM, Tonny52 said:

I'll try this out today.

I think you may want to try this one , looks promising . I've had quite a good experience with them in the past , they are well optimised .

Says your card is supported :

https://www.nvidia.com/content/apac/icafe/my/spec.html

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/iCafe/375.60/375.60-icafe-win7-64bit-international-whql-driver.exe