Microsoft updating office products I don't have.

forjonny

So I did uninstall everything but Word and I did an update again and again it started to download Junk Mail fixes for Outlook and other stuff that I do not use. So I just went into Update settings and shut off Received updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows. Shut that bugger right off! Then did an update and they did not come in. What a hassle!

Ok, I want to see you put some more ram into that computer of yours too!

I remember back in the XP days when someone I met had a map program on his computer and he told me he had a gig of memory on his computer. I thought that was something. 1 GB, wow! What a machine!

I have just put and extra 4 GB stick into my 8 GB computer for 12 Gigs now, yes, righteeo says Felix the katt.  I just have bags and bags of memory in my drawer. I may of well use it huh?

I don't see why you're quite so against having updates on the system for things you don't use.
I would just let the updates install, make sure that the parts of Office that you don't use are still disabled, and leave it at that.
There won't be any more updates for Office 2007 now, so that should be the end of it, and if you do need to reactivate any other parts of Office in the future, the latest patches will already be there ready and waiting on the machine. As I said, apart from using a bit of disk space, which I doubt is an issue, there's absolutely no harm in keeping the updates there.
I get that you don't like on principle having unused updates on your system, but it wouldn't worry me personally.

I have considered putting more memory in my machine, just for Windows 10 of course, but as I've never seen it using more than two thirds of what's there, even when running notoriously resource hungry Adobe programs, I've never bothered.
:)

So when the Updates come in for Office I was looking at them the other day and it put about 12 updates onto my computer so I don't know what you mean by they will not update Office '07. They just keep loading them on. Do you think I want to take time out of my day to uninstall 12 updates. No I don't. To me it's more things to go wrong. I rarely even use Word. On this computer I'm talking about I don't even have any Word documents on it at all. Do you think I need Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc. updates? I just think it's wrong and I wish someone over there at M$ would update their whole idea on how to proceed with this update program.

I'm pretty sure that the updates you're getting aren't new. They're legacy ones from probably years ago. All that's happening is that if you uninstall them, when you check for updates again the same ones are being reinstalled.
Even when things go out of support, legacy updates usually stay on Microsoft's servers until they eventually remove them, but that's often many years later.
As I said earlier, I have Office 2010 installed but I don't have Outlook or Access enabled in the installation. I still get updates for them, that's normal behaviour.
It's not reinstalling the items you're not using, it's just parking the update files on your machine so that if you do activate any more parts of the Office suite in the future, the most up to date files are already there. If you look on your system drive root you will probably find a folder called MSOCache (it may be hidden). That's where the updates are kept.
:)

So maybe I should go buy a boat just in case I ever need to use one then I will have one parked in my driveway. Maybe a hang glider too. Ya never know when you want to go jump off a cliff.

Anyhow I don't understand your thinking but there's a lot of things I don't understand about life like people that follow politics. We won't go there though. Anyhow thanks.

In the pre-2010 days, I remember that you would get updates for other Office products if you had anything relating to them. So if you had any of the document viewers installed, this would generate a match on Windows Update. For example if you just had Excel installed but had Word Document Viewer installed, you would get Word updates.

You can post some of the KBs you have been offered and we can know whether these are actually new or what.

Anyhow, uninstalled them and turned off updates for other M$ products. So that's it. I am done with them. My laptop has a smaller hard drive and don't want to fill it up with unwanted updates that have to be scanned for viruses, defragged, may have issues and may kill my nice running PC.