rufus flash drive tool wont detect windows xp 64 bit isos?

legacyfan

• legacyfan changed the title to rufus flash drive tool wont accept 64 bit windows xp isos?
  • 5 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 8:30 PM, legacyfan said:

The flashdrive tool I used rufus says the xp 64 bit iso i downloaded is in a format it cant do how can i fix this?

• use nLite 1.4.9.3 to integrate 64-bit SATA/AHCI your disk controller and WinVBlock drivers to WinXP 64-bit ISO image (if in the bios there is an option of the disk mode in PATA, IDE, Compatibility then turn it on and you can not integrate the SATA driver)
  • rename the ISO image to xp.iso
  • connect a USB flash drive (1-2GB USB 2.0)
  • format it to FAT32 with USB Disk Storage Format
  • install GRUB4DOS on this USB flash drive
  • copy the files to the flash drive: grldr, menu.lst, to subfolder images: dummy.ima, xp.iso
  • boot from this USB and select: TXT-Setup WinXP - phase 1
  • when the message to restart the computer appears, restart it from USB but this time select: GUI-Setup WinXP - phase 2
  • when phase 2 of the installation is complete and the computer restarts, boot it from the hard disk (remove the USB flash drive)

Note1: You must have at least 1GB RAM for the xp.iso image to fit in the memory

Note2: If the flash drive is detected by the BIOS as USB-FDD and not USB-HDD, then you have to remove this lines from the menu.lst file:

map (hd0) (hd1)
map (hd1) (hd0)

winvblock.zip usb_disk_storage_format.zip g4d_install.zip grldr menu.lst

• legacyfan changed the title to rufus flash drive tool wont detect windows xp 64 bit isos?