Microsoft Has Forced Me To Use Windows 10

legacyfan

microsoft has forced me to have to use windows 10 with the drivers for my laptop only supporting 10 now and minecraft will only work on it starting april 1 and also the latest version of vmware player every thing i use is now only windows 10 compatible they have forced me to upgrade to 10 That i dont like but im forced to use it :unsure: any tips to disable the spying and telemetry would be very helpfull to at least make it usable

Edited by legacyfan

As far as I know, telemetry is just some services. Someone published a bat in Windows 7 or 8.1 forum to dissable telemetry.

Another thing, you don-t need the latest vmware to run Windows 10 inside that software unless you want an insider version, so you can run Windows 10 inside Windows 8.1, 7 or XP on old VMware.

I run Windows 10 x64 inside Windows XP x86 with the help of Dibya-s PAE patch!

11 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

Another thing, you don-t need the latest vmware to run Windows 10 inside that software unless you want an insider version, so you can run Windows 10 inside Windows 8.1, 7 or XP on old VMware.

I run Windows 10 x64 inside Windows XP x86 with the help of Dibya-s PAE patch!

@Sergiaws I  Originally Posted The Telemetry Fix Bat File here it made by github user xvitily

i tryed the vm method and it worked i can now use xp and 10!:D

Edited by VistaEX

20 hours ago, VistaEX said:

microsoft has forced me to have to use windows 10 with the drivers for my laptop only supporting 10 now and minecraft will only work on it starting april 1

I cannot find any information relating to Minecraft changing requirements to Windows 10 only.

41 minutes ago, VistaEX said:

my specs are intel(r) hd grahpics 4000 intel core i5-3320 298gb toshiba hdd intel centrino advanced n 6205 wifi adapter latitude e6430 laptop

Under your Windows XP install you can locate your Device Driver Information within Device Manager. To do it, simply right click on Start and then Manage; from there you left click on Device Manger. Once that is complete you shall see a list of installed, unknown or identified drivers; go ahead and right click the device you are wanting drivers for and then left click Properties. Now, a window shall popup, from there you need to left click the Details tab. Next left click upon the list called Property and select Hardware Ids. Finally, all you have to do is have either of the ids selected then copy and paste the Id. You can search for each id that way via your web browser of course; though it would be wise to do such for each device driver you are wanting installed or updated. Just follow that method and you can create a list of your Hardware Ids. You can post that list here and it will allow us to perhaps help you better.

15 minutes ago, VistaEX said:

This Is The id for my grahpics card: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_05341028&REV_09

10 minutes ago, VistaEX said:

i think i figured on my hardware now  now i just need to get windowws 10:D

Ohh I see, whatever works for you. :cool:

If you still want some XP 32 bit drivers this link to the manufacturer might help. https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-in/product-support/product/latitude-e6430/drivers

@XP-x64-Lover i Listed the drivers above for you here are the ids

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0082&SUBSYS_13068086   HDAudio\func_01&VAN_111d&dev_76DF&SUBSYS_10280534&REV_1002 Here are my driver ids for my importent drivers

And Actually i Think i will stay with windows xp i just got every update install and i dont want to lose that i dont care what microsoft  thinks about it!

Edited by VistaEX

8 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

I cannot find any information relating to Minecraft changing requirements to Windows 10 only.

I think even if that happens, .jar files run in a Java virtual machine, so it wouldn't really matter

Worst case scenario, someone needs to port latest OpenJDK 8 or whatever to XP, but I'd bet money older Java 8 versions would work fine

On 2/23/2021 at 8:34 PM, VistaEX said:

microsoft has forced me to have to use windows 10 with the drivers for my laptop only supporting 10 now

I have been able run windows 7 even on "unsupported" ryzen with some tweaks, NVME and usb3 driver was only needed. Also few days ago made win7 works on zen2 to friend with few major tweaks and been running stable so far.

On 2/23/2021 at 8:34 PM, VistaEX said:

also the latest version of vmware player every thing i use is now only windows 10 compatible

Older Vmware works fine even as win 10 guest. I got win10 offline vm on Vmware workstation 7 under XP. Only thing needed was manually download latest vmware tools. If I can still use it on xp win7 with 15.5 player/workstation wont have issues with it anytime soon run win10.

On 2/24/2021 at 9:04 PM, VistaEX said:

my specs are intel(r) hd grahpics 4000 intel core i5-3320 298gb toshiba hdd intel centrino advanced n 6205 wifi adapter latitude e6430 laptop

that laptop got offical windows xp and windows 7 drivers on dell site. Microsoft cannot just magically make windows 7 or windows xp incompatible with existing hw (expect in theory with bios flash)

Edited by Mr.Scienceman2000

• 1 year later...

(update for 2023) I now have a new desktop (an hp elite 8300) I'm now using as my new desktop (with windows 10 on it) as my e6430 died last year and I needed something more powerful for game development. (my new hobby) 

Edited by legacyfan