Windows 2k on a modern pc?

On 2/20/2021 at 11:50 AM, Micro-Scopic Soft-ware said:

i have i5-2400 cpu intel hd 2000 2gb of ram currently running 7 professional 64 bit , is 2k possibpe?

It depends. Is it a desktop or a laptop? You typically have a much easier time getting older operating systems to work on desktops but can be spotty on laptops. Once you can answer that and tell us any other hardware it has can help determine whether or not Windows 2000 would install and actually usable.

On 2/21/2021 at 10:18 PM, Tommy said:

It depends. Is it a desktop or a laptop? You typically have a much easier time getting older operating systems to work on desktops but can be spotty on laptops. Once you can answer that and tell us any other hardware it has can help determine whether or not Windows 2000 would install and actually usable.

Its a desktop , Preferably , Using it on dual boot

On 2/21/2021 at 10:18 PM, Tommy said:

Can u change my name to the one I asked for in the general ?

8 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

These leaks don't have a significant utility, we need a Windows 7/8/10 leak, that would be very helpfull!

Other than being idiotic, all you'd need is a patch and my first statement would apply once again. Dream on.

On 2/20/2021 at 7:50 PM, Micro-Scopic Soft-ware said:

i have i5-2400 cpu intel hd 2000 2gb of ram currently running 7 professional 64 bit , is 2k possibpe?

It's possible, as long as you don't mind running it without ACPI. But you'll need drivers for your onboard SATA controller. Try this one: http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/813816.html

I managed to install and run Windows 2000 on a Z370 machine, in a dualboot setup.

On 2/27/2021 at 4:10 PM, tyukok said:

It's possible, as long as you don't mind running it without ACPI. But you'll need drivers for your onboard SATA controller. Try this one: http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/813816.html

I managed to install and run Windows 2000 on a Z370 machine, in a dualboot setup.

Two things;
1. He's banned now, so don't bother replying
2. ACPI support is entirely dependent on the motherboard. And any 1155 board worth caring about it will run 2k with ACPI