windows 7 sucking my ram

Micro-Scopic Soft-ware

That is kinda normal for NT6.x, though you can help it a bit by disabling services you dont need. DWM, Windows search indexing, automatic updates, SuperFetch would be a good start to disable as long as you use none of those. Also perhaps clean out the task scheduler.

I got 2gb used on idle out 32gb that is completely normal. Why windows vista or 7 shows higher ram usage is because how task manager works. Windows preserves ram to mostly used softwares (superfetch) and some other things and frees up from it when needed. It just way win7 works. XP did different way (on it I got 150-300mb idle). Unless you got huge performance problems I would not worry about it

21 hours ago, Micro-Scopic Soft-ware said:

800 mb of ram usage when no app is used , 1.58 gb ram usage when on 3 tabs of firefox , specs are 2gb of ram

I had this issue right after doing a clean install of Win 7. My RAM was used a lot, my CPU was at 80% or even 100% and my cooling fan was really loud, but after updating fully it was calm. 0-1% CPU usage around 300MB used out of 8GB when doing nothing.

I use Process Hacker 2 to view CPU performance and things like RAM use and even when the CPU (i3 4th gen) is showing <10% Firefox still uses 840MB RAM which, as others have said, is normal.

The problem is very obviously the RAM - 2GB has never been enough for a Windows 64bit OS, it is the bare minimum.

4GB is considered the norm and 8GB ideal for all uses. So upgrade the RAM and all your performance issues will likely disappear.

Check your system's requirements/RAM type support and try to get ones which match your existing RAM modules as closely as possible,

Used RAM, particularly DDR3, is still pretty cheap. I had a look on Ebay and I found very quickly one seller offering the same 4 x 2GB Corsair XMS DDR3 1600Hz modules I use for under £20/$28. That's roughly what I paid new 5 years ago for each 2GB module.

Edited by WalksInSilence
typo