how to get windows vista/7 drivers to work on xp?

legacyfan

is there any way to get windows vista/7 drivers downported to xp i have tried several drivers for intel hd grahpics 4000 for xp which I have on my laptop and only one  driver works for it on xp

Edited by VistaEX

13 hours ago, VistaEX said:

is there any way to get windows vista/7 drivers downported to xp i have tried several drivers for intel hd grahpics 4000 for xp which I have on my laptop and only one  driver works for it on xp:unsure:

Well, I shall say in order to have a better understanding of where to possibly begin to being able assist you; I shall need more information pertaining to what your exact laptop model is etc. So, what is your laptop model?

You should try providing the names of the drivers required (chipset name, sound driver model, ethernet or wireless card, etc.).

Try providing hardware IDs of unknown devices as well. Google is your friend with those.

Because Intel HD Graphics 4000 are Ivy Bridge, you might be able to install Windows XP completely in theory. But this varies with computer brands, I think.

A I would recommend is snappy driver installer (SDI). It's a bit of a gamble, but it's helped me a lot when I experimented with Windows XP on a Haswell.

Edited by FantasyAcquiesce

On 2/23/2021 at 6:39 AM, RainyShadow said:

The thing with Optimus is it will ONLY work with Win7 and above, unless the dGPU drives the external display (or if it's even possible, get the dGPU to drive the internal display).