is 2gb of ram enough for vista home premium 64?

Micro-Scopic Soft-ware

2 hours ago, Micro-Scopic Soft-ware said:

i dont use extemded kernel , i have i5-2400 cpu  , I lost the other 2gb of ram due to an unknow failure of it

Well then I wouldnt recommend you the 64bit version, or even Vista itself for several reasons:

1. Without Extended Kernel, you wont be able to use the Web in a secure way anymore

2. You will need to manually patch your system a lot , to make it as secure as possible (Offical: 04/2017) since Windows Update isnt working on Vista anymore

3. Office 2010 has reached it's EOL as well, however it's still pretty usable for a few months more I guess

I know we all love and support Vista, however, I wouldnt install it in your case actually. I would recommend you to go with Windows 7 Home Premium (32 Bit) instead. Patching Vista soo much with only 2GB of RAM and a 2011 CPU will make your system feel very slow and heavy. 

There are AIO ISO's of Windows 7 available, which I can send their links to you, if you're interested in 7 instead of Vista, so you dont have to patch the system manually for hours :)

10 hours ago, yoltboy01 said:

Well then I wouldnt recommend you the 64bit version, or even Vista itself for several reasons:

1. Without Extended Kernel, you wont be able to use the Web in a secure way anymore

2. You will need to manually patch your system a lot , to make it as secure as possible (Offical: 04/2017) since Windows Update isnt working on Vista anymore

3. Office 2010 has reached it's EOL as well, however it's still pretty usable for a few months more I guess

I know we all love and support Vista, however, I wouldnt install it in your case actually. I would recommend you to go with Windows 7 Home Premium (32 Bit) instead. Patching Vista soo much with only 2GB of RAM and a 2011 CPU will make your system feel very slow and heavy. 

There are AIO ISO's of Windows 7 available, which I can send their links to you, if you're interested in 7 instead of Vista, so you dont have to patch the system manually for hours :)

send them plz , send link

I'm also agree with that, try to upgrade to 4gb ram if you want to use a 64 bit OS. Someone here told that there's no modern browsers for Windows Vista. False! Roitam's bowsers like Serpent still support Windows XP and Vista!