Jump to content
MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. ×

SFC keeps saying that there are corrupted system files


Recommended Posts

Hello! I'm new here, but i've browsed this site before. So today after I performed a System File Check it said that it found corrupted files and fixed them "successfully" however no matter what I do it keeps saying that after every single System File Check, so is something wrong? I have never had this happen to me before, but it keeps on happening.. I tried running SFC in CMD and PowerShell but both give the same results. I also tried restarting after every single SFC but nothing changes. I cannot check the CBS log because I don't have permission to do it, and Event Viewer doesn't give any info aswell.

Edited by PugLover13
grammar errors caused by autocorrect
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PugLover13 said:

Hello! I'm new here, but i've browsed this site before. So today after I performed a System File Check it said that it found corrupted files and fixed them "successfully" however no matter what I do it keeps saying that after every single System File Check, so is something wrong? I have never had this happen to me before, but it keeps on happening.. I tried running SFC in CMD and PowerShell but both give the same results. I also tried restarting after every single SFC but nothing changes. I cannot check the CBS log because I don't have permission to do it, and Event Viewer doesn't give any info aswell.

i think this happens on pirated copies of windows, the hack manipulates the files to get it activated and when you run sfc it fixes it but the hack reverts it so its a loop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, burd said:

i think this happens on pirated copies of windows, the hack manipulates the files to get it activated and when you run sfc it fixes it but the hack reverts it so its a loop.

Huh? My copy of Windows Vista is 100% geniune. The installer DVD is original it has the original key and all and it activates. Office 2010 could be the cause then, because I downloaded a copy from the internet. I'll just uninstall it and see what happens, I wasn't gonna keep it anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, PugLover13 said:

Huh? My copy of Windows Vista is 100% geniune. The installer DVD is original it has the original key and all and it activates. Office 2010 could be the cause then, because I downloaded a copy from the internet. I'll just uninstall it and see what happens, I wasn't gonna keep it anyway.

Nope. The same still happens, ill just reinstall Vista I guess, cause I don't wanna go through troubleshooting hell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PugLover13 said:

Nope. The same still happens, ill just reinstall Vista I guess, cause I don't wanna go through troubleshooting hell.

Your hard drive might be wearing out. About reinstalling Vista, I hope you are aware that Windows Update no longer works.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Your hard drive might be wearing out. About reinstalling Vista, I hope you are aware that Windows Update no longer works.

That would actually make some sense, this laptop went through a lot over the years.. About Windows Update I actually found a method to make it work again (login required to view some posts).

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PugLover13 said:

That would actually make some sense, this laptop went through a lot over the years.. About Windows Update I actually found a method to make it work again (login required to view some posts).

I have reinstalled Vista and updated until EOL and the same keeps happening. I don't know what to do now, but i've read that it should just be ignored so i'll do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so the source of the problem might be the update KB2761494 (driver framework 1.11) because I've read that it's broken but it never gave me any issues in the past.. Right now I have installed EVERY update available besides that one, and no problems have occured. I want to, no I HAVE to install the extended kernel but I am unsure if this update not being installed will break my Vista install or not and I don't want to break anything again by installing the update. 

Edited by PugLover13
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes, our systems just get combative and ornery with age I consider my system to be fitting with my personality - moody and touchy and bit annoying at times Lol!

Seriously though, I have various errors that I've yet to correct, so I just 'roll with it' so long as I can do what I want.

Good luck!

Edited by XPerceniol
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Sometimes, our systems just get combative and ornery with age I consider my system to be fitting with my personality - moody and touchy and bit annoying at times Lol!

Seriously though, I have various errors that I've yet to correct, so I just 'roll with it' so long as I can do what I want.

Good luck!

Thanks! I'll install the update, if anything breaks I can use a system restore point so no worries. Once after updating to EOL I had a copy of the entire all programs menu inside the all programs menu, it was so weird.. When I deleted it it just wiped the entire start menu. I had to reinstall..... :/

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, PugLover13 said:

Thanks! I'll install the update, if anything breaks I can use a system restore point so no worries.

Great news! The update did not break anything! I don't know why SFC was behaving like that, but it's fixed so that's good. :thumbup

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...