Title bar is off screen - how to move window using keyboard?

Nomen

This really bugs me when it happens. The title bar for a window is off-screen (above the top of the screen) and I can't grab it. Alt-spacebar gives me the menu and I select move, but another problem is that my down-arrow key doesn't work. I found out about a key combination that substitutes for the down-arrow before but I can't find it now. Why can't the mouse be used for the move? The mouse does nothing. Bonus question- is there some arcane setting somewhere that will prevent the title bar of any window from being moved completely off-screen?

This is on a laptop. I reduced the screen resolution and was able to grab the title bar with the mouse, then changed the resolution back. Is there any setting to always keep the title bar in view (or at least "grab-able") ? One more thing: I'm running FF 39 on win-7 and when viewing msfn the text entry box for posting is a thin strip - not accessible for typing. I had to view-pagestyle-off to be able to type these posts (in a little teeny box but at least it's possible).

I suppose the best way forward would be to stop this from happening in the first place, but I don't know how. Does the problem only occur with one particular window associated to one particular program? Or does it occur with all windows. I run Win7 and have no problems at all of the type you describe.

However, you might find Sizer useful for quickly positioning and sizing a window. At least it would give you an easy to use (once you got it setup) workaround for now. With Sizer you can control the size of the window and the window's position on the screen relative to the coordinates of the monitor screen. Once you have that set-up you can assign a keyboard shortcut to (then) automatically size and position the window when you press the keyboard shortcut combination - the window you want to do this to has to be the active window when you press the shortcut combination. You might find that helpful for just now.

Edited by Radish

Windows(7) remembers your 'Restore Down' window size and position so you should change that so its smaller and more centralised.

However what you should be able to do with any Explorer window, with the mouse controlled cursor on any part of the title bar, no matter how small an area, pull the whole reduced window down (left click, hold. drag). Alternatively if you push it up the screen in the same way it should automatically maximise the window.

The only thing that might prevent you seeing you can do this is overscan where the screen bevel overlaps the edge of the screen but you should still be able to move the cursor to the top of the screen, even if you can't see it, and drag the top edge of the window down or maximise it vertically.

Edited by WalksInSilence