win9x: how work with drivers?

Joaquim

4 hours ago, Joaquim said:

Can i use external HDD with 500GB's?

yes, you can TRY your NTFS USB HDD, but ONLY if you USE patched esdi_506.pdr from bighdd or RLoew, or USE ahci.pdr from RLoew.
ELSE you almost certainly will LOSE YOUR DATA !!!

i mean no networking.

the RJ45 cable is the ethernet cable(see the image)

i'm sorry, but can you share another audio driver:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266D&SUBSYS_00661025&REV_04
Intel 82801FB(M) ICH6(-M) - AC'97 Modem Controller [B2]

and wireless driver:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220&SUBSYS_27018086&REV_05
Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG 3B Network Connection

- the audio works.. but sometimes it can fail.. i just lose audio, on game... and no message... only when i reboot\turn on, the windows tell me an error about the sound.dll... nothing more.

- the wireless is installed, but the OCM don't detect the wireless adapter, only the others :((Bluetooth,  PPP Adapter(the OCM tell 'Unknown", Microsoft TV/video Connection and the Broadcom netxtreme gigabit ethernet... but no wireless adapter :( even my hotspot isn't detected on OCM too. :(

maybe with new drivers, we can fix the problems.
thank you so much for all... thank you so much

cabo-de-rede-rj45-cat5e-utp-25mt-cinza.jpg

11 hours ago, Joaquim said:

the RJ45 cable is the ethernet cable(see the image)

:D :rolleyes: so OCM is Odyssey?
Odyssey is just 802.11x authentificator, it useless for solving real problems with wired network.
u have router? its that thing with 4-8 rj45 (multiplexor, one rj45 WAN <-> many rj45 LAN)?
if have - connect all ur machines to router, not directly.

the wireless is installed, but the OCM don't detect the wireless adapter ... no wireless adapter :( even my hotspot isn't detected on OCM too. :(

it mean that "driver" is NOT WORK. just not work. regardless his state in DM. find other driver.

the audio works.. but sometimes it can fail.. i just lose audio, on game... and no message... only when i reboot\turn on, the windows tell me an error about the sound.dll... nothing more.

i dont know, how help. give me link to this sound driver, which work. i try look into.

Intel 82801FB(M) ICH6(-M) - AC'97 Modem Controller [B2]

its not audio, its modem, and it need not for sound, but for phone, ie internet access via POTS...
u sure that it need?

Edited by MERCURY127

the video and audio and more drivers was installed from Universal Drivers Packs: 

other similar link... but you get he point.

[ Other devices / PCI Card ]

Device Properties:
      Driver Description                                PCI Card
      Hardware ID                                       PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266D&SUBSYS_00661025&REV_04
      PCI Device                                        Intel 82801FB(M) ICH6(-M) - AC'97 Modem Controller [B2]

[ Sound, video and game controllers / PCI Multimedia Audio Device ]

Device Properties:
      Driver Description                                PCI Multimedia Audio Device
      Hardware ID                                       PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_00661025&REV_04
      PCI Device                                        Intel 82801FB(M) ICH6(-M) - AC'97 Audio Controller [B2]

now i see what you mean. hehehe sorry my confusion... the pci card is the modem and the other is the audio driver.
testing some games: Red Alert works excellent but, sometimes, i can lose the audio.. for get audio, i must re-execute the game...
the Serious Sam game don't give me audio :(
both games requisites are for win95 and above.
when i reboot the computer the sound.dll give me an error, that can't start... maybe was my mistake installing the Revolutions Pack for change the theme, like Win ME... but the WinSEME is better... i don't need change the system, just the theme be like ME.

the wireless, you know where i found it(searching from google)..
maybe i can find another working driver, but isn't easy.

maybe here i can find much more help ;)
https://archive.org/details/UltimateWindowsDriverPackforVistaxp9895me20002003

note: after several years and playing DOOM2(and other 3D DOS games), i can ear the sounds effects and the background music... something that i think and change for test and works hehehehe

HI! try this drivers::

Conexant_AC-Link_Audio_Driver_for_Acer.zip
http://sendfile.su/1597093

also, run dxdiad graphics tests with ur previous video card selection (ie Mobility Radeon) and with this our variant inf for ati driver (we add ur pci id into inf file):
http://sendfile.su/1597097
password 1

also, run dxdiad sound tests with old and new audio driver...

please also reply me on next question:
ur notebook have external video output (vga/hdmi/dp)?
if yes - are u have only ONE videodevice in DM?
if yes - turn ofrf book, then try connect ext mointor and look in DM - there is appear secondary radeon video card, or no?
if sec video appeared - main monitor (lcd panel) remains active, or turned off?

Edited by MERCURY127

honestly i don't know.. on DM i only see ONE... but read these specifications: http://www.notebookreview.com/notebookreview/acer-aspire-1690-review-pics-specs/

i'm testing the drivers.. thank you so much 

- the audio driver give  me an error that can't be installed.
- the ATI miss the files: "_atiRcmn.cab" and other 'atidxxx.vxd"(similar)..

so i can't install both :(

Edited by Joaquim

18 hours ago, Joaquim said:

- the ATI miss the files: "_atiRcmn.cab" and other 'atidxxx.vxd"(similar)..

heh, there in new archive was INF only. all other files u can get from my prev radeon archive...

18 hours ago, Joaquim said:

- the audio driver give  me an error that can't be installed.

what exactly error is appered? u can show screenshot?

- the video was installed correctly(searching manually on a folder).. now works fine and tested on Directx 9.

- the audio driver detects the Conexant AC-Link Audio and try install... but, before finish, i get these error message: "Error installing device: Windows was unable to install the PCI Multimedia Audio Device device."

i don't know why the audio driver isn't installed :(

thanks for all

34 minutes ago, Joaquim said:

- the video was installed correctly(searching manually on a folder).. now works fine and tested on Directx 9.

nice :) my congratulations!

35 minutes ago, Joaquim said:

- the audio driver detects the Conexant AC-Link Audio and try install... but, before finish, i get these error message: "Error installing device: Windows was unable to install the PCI Multimedia Audio Device device."

ok, thank for info, we will think more...