Extreme Explorer 360 -- A How-To Guide (converting remaining Chinese to English)

10 hours ago, i430VX said:

Namely I want to see if I can apply the method to a browser I actually do use (Yandex)

Sorry, I have no interest in Yandex.

For starters, the portable version I found (17.6.0.1633) requires Win7 as opposed to XP.

And secondly, it's only as new as Chrome 58 [April 2017] whereas 360Chrome v13 is Chrome 86 [October 2020].

But based on file structure of portable 17.6.0.1633, NOPE, the method can NOT be applied to Yandex.

6 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Sorry, I have no interest in Yandex.

For starters, the portable version I found (17.6.0.1633) requires Win7 as opposed to XP.

And secondly, it's only as new as Chrome 58 [April 2017] whereas 360Chrome v13 is Chrome 86 [October 2020].

But based on file structure of portable 17.6.0.1633, NOPE, the method can NOT be applied to Yandex.

I didn't ask if you did have an interest in Yandex. What I wanted is for you to show how you accomplished using the standard window decorations in 360chrome.

Once you do show how you did it, it is MY plan to try to adapt it to Yandex, as I do not use 360Chrome (and never will).

I don't know if I will get anywhere, but the oppurtunity to try would be most excellent.

Edited by i430VX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/4/2021 at 8:38 PM, ArcticFoxie said:

Go to your temporary working "options" folder where you used PeaZip and extracted "options.zip".

Open "options.html" in Notepad++.

Do a Ctrl-F (Find) for "certificate_list" (without the quotes) then close the Find dialog.

Make the five changes pictured below labeled as "first before".

Do a second Ctrl-F (Find) for "certificate_list" (without the quotes) then close the Find dialog.

Make the one change pictured below labeled as "second before" then use PeaZip to "Medium compression, ZIP (compatible with most extractors)" all the files in the "options" folder.

Cut-and-paste the new "options.zip" back into the 360Chrome -> Chrome -> Application -> 13.0.2206.0 folder (360Chrome should be CLOSED when you do this).

will be better if you could share your modified files, really i don't have the time right now for all these proceedures, i wish i could,  and i'm sure you had lot of fun with this project,

please share your files or make a clean/modified installer for rest of users that need it.

My Best Regards

On 2/4/2021 at 6:40 PM, ArcticFoxie said:

Go to the 360Chrome -> Chrome -> User Data -> Default folder.

You will find a file with no file extension called "Preferences".

With 360Chrome CLOSED, open the "Preferences" file in Notepad++.

Do a "Ctrl-F" (Find) for "lang" (with no quotes) then close the Find dialog box.

The original line will read "accept_languages": "ru-RU,ru,en-US,en"

Edit the line to read "accept_languages": "en-US,en" (ie, just delete the ru-RU,ru, portion).

Save the "Preferences" file and exit Notepad++.

@CRK At the BARE MINIMUM, please do the above step.

This will prevent the Russian pages you keep seeing.

I also suggest the HOSTS file updates as a BARE MINIMUM in the post above the post copied above (see Page 1 of this thread).

If you have a real interest in using 360Chrome, these procedures are not that difficult, even for a "new dog" to learn  :yes:

Edited by ArcticFoxie

13 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

@CRK At the BARE MINIMUM, please do the above step.

This will prevent the Russian pages you keep seeing.

I also suggest the HOSTS file updates as a BARE MINIMUM in the post above the post copied above (see Page 1 of this thread).

If you have a real interest in using 360Chrome, these procedures are not that difficult, even for a "new dog" to learn  :yes:

while working i guess will keep testing  chromium 87.0.4280.66 (Developer Build) (32-bit)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 2:02 AM, ArcticFoxie said:

I had to clear out my Dropbox to make room for hosting rebuilds and this thread was dead so away they went to free up some storage space.

If you still have the images you could put them on Imgur. Will save you space and they keep them hosted basically forever.